2022 Around league

dll2000

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Monty had a good run here...he is pretty good at everything...just a shame is isn't great at anything...I reckon Poles values explosion above all else at that spot...Herbert showed he could put his foot in the ground and get chunk plays...whoever else is brought in here I expect will have to show the same skill set with better pass pro & receiving than Herbert.

the biggest difference, to me at least, between monty and herbert is herbert could scoot when he got a lane, whereas i feel monty was better at breaking a tackle in the first wave and at times making something out of nothing

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.

Wait until you see my reaction when we pass on Jalen Carter if he is there at 9.  

I am also still uber pissed we didn't draft Sapp and Moss, also Aaron Donald , but at least we didn't pass on Donald.

I don't get the media and fan hatred for McDaniels lol.   Maybe I am missing something.  They hate him.   I still think he can be a good coach.   He is really good on X's and O's.    Man, he does make some weird head scratching decisions though.

When Tunsil single handidly (through a trade) turns Miami from worst roster in the league to one of best it makes me that much more mad.

Either that or he fills a need we have been chasing for forever and a day.   Take your pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.

Wait until you see my reaction when we pass on Jalen Carter if he is there at 9.  

I am also still uber pissed we didn't draft Sapp and Moss, also Aaron Donald , but at least we didn't pass on Donald.

I don't get the media and fan hatred for McDaniels lol.   Maybe I am missing something.  They hate him.   I still think he can be a good coach.   He is really good on X's and O's.    Man, he does make some weird head scratching decisions though.

🤔 were you high on Sapp, Moss, and Donald though or are you hindsight mad 

Just now, Ty21 said:

🤔 were you high on Sapp, Moss, and Donald though or are you hindsight mad 

No, I have been a draftnik for a long time.  And back in day I was super into college football.  I only watch highlights and some game film for draft now.   When I was young I spent all Sat. watching college football - every Sat.   

Sapp and Moss were awesome in college.  Dominant.   

It didn't take any special genius scout to know they were good.   It was obvious.

They both fell strictly for character reasons. 

Moss because he was so immature when he was young he couldn't attend any big programs - he got booted from going to Flordia St. and Notre Dame and Sapp because he got caught smoking pot.

I wanted them anyway. 

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.

I don't hate the guy exactly, but he seems to alienate people and also lose where he goes, which seems sub-optimal for a head coach.  To be fair I don't have strong enough football knowledge to be able to tell where he stopped and Bellichik and Brady started when they were succesful. But, given how they've looked without him, and vice versa, I have a hunch. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

No, I have been a draftnik for a long time.  And back in day I was super into college football.  I only watch highlights and some game film for draft now.   When I was young I spent all Sat. watching college football - every Sat.   

Sapp and Moss were awesome in college.  Dominant.   

It didn't take any special genius scout to know they were good.   It was obvious.

They both fell strictly for character reasons. 

Moss because he was so immature when he was young he couldn't attend any big programs - he got booted from going to Flordia St. and Notre Dame and Sapp because he got caught smoking pot.

I wanted them anyway. 

Miss me with those weed fiends 

You guys should run some mock draft simulations as Detroit.   I think people are forgetting what kind of draft capital they have - again.   

Detroit is going to able to build a squad building off last year.  Sad to say.  

They may be able to win North next year with me at QB.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.

Actually if twitter reports are true implying he was out of shape for pro day I wouldn't mind passing.

You can't show up out of shape for biggest job interview of your life.   But if he was just a little heavy, but moving well and defined - I have no problem with him skipping 40.

Hard to make calls on players when you don't get little information.

Based on talent he is my top prospect.   If he just got into a little trouble and is immature he is my top prospect - just like Sapp and Moss.

If he is lazy, I don't want him.  I pass. 

Sapp and Moss were hungry to be great.  They were competitors.   I don't know that Jalen is a competitor.  If he isn't, I don't want him.

They subbed him out all time at GA.   But that is what GA does.   Sapp never came off field.   Why he gassed against Nebraska and they lost title game. 

Tough to make hard calls from a computer screen with only part of info.

If Poles passes on Carter I won't freak out given that.   He has more info than me.   But he better be right.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Why do we hate David Montgomery?

Montgomery was fine for what he was. Never flashy, mid round guy. I see what you're saying though, you always wanted him to be a little more than he was. But he was pick #73. Swift was pick #35.

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Montgomery was fine for what he was. Never flashy, mid round guy. I see what you're saying though, you always wanted him to be a little more than he was. But he was pick #73. Swift was pick #35.

They probably feel same about Swift.

Draft slot matters little past 2nd year.  It's who you actually are at that point.  

Edited by dll2000
who