2022 Around league

dll2000

With Rodger's built in erratic nature, I feel like the odds of this deal being all but done, only to be torpedoed last second by some Rodgers whim have to be at least as good as anything else.  I'm also not a popcorn guy, but would make some just to watch a season in which he doesn't really want to be there, they can't stand him, and the wheels come off over and over again until he just leaves mid game at Soldier Field. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

With Rodger's built in erratic nature, I feel like the odds of this deal being all but done, only to be torpedoed last second by some Rodgers whim have to be at least as good as anything else.  I'm also not a popcorn guy, but would make some just to watch a season in which he doesn't really want to be there, they can't stand him, and the wheels come off over and over again until he just leaves mid game at Soldier Field. 

I guess what I'm confused about is that he went on a darkness retreat that ended 17 days ago & prior to going on it he said that it would give him clarity on his future. I guess not huh?

13 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I don't think that's an option here.  To me it feels like the choice is retirement or the Jets.  A lot of what Rodgers has said since the end of the season leads me to believe he was ready to retire.  I think the Jets flew out to convince him to give it another go.  My guess is there is a soft deadline of Wednesday bc they need to work on plan b.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

plan b

This just made me envision a world in which Aaron Rodgers had a kid and they have to explain to the child that dad won’t be at his birthday party cause he’s off snorting hallucinogenics with a shaman in the Himalayas 

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ryan Kelly isn't great, but up until last year, he's been a good player; plus everyone struggled on IND's OL last year. For a late round pick I'd take a gamble

100%. If we sent a 5th I’d be comfortable with it 

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The Rams clearly just wanted rid of the contract and the pressure to give him a new one…3rd rounder for Ramsey is an obvious move for a team that should be in win now mode.

Now their only excuse is a comatose quarterback 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Ryan Kelly isn't great, but up until last year, he's been a good player; plus everyone struggled on IND's OL last year. For a late round pick I'd take a gamble

I still think he is cut, no one wants to pay him $9m, much less also give up draft capital ontop of that. Seems more like a last minute meal to the media in hopes someone is desperate before they make the transaction 

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I still think he is cut, no one wants to pay him $9m, much less also give up draft capital ontop of that. Seems more like a last minute meal to the media in hopes someone is desperate before they make the transaction 

I am betting he is cut too, but I would try trading a 7th or something minimal just to get him. Gives a significant upgrade to the C position and if he isn't the answer for more than one year it gives Poles a chance to develop another C or one of his young guys. He is a very cheap cut in 2024 if his play isn't worthwhile. 

I like the idea of Vorhees being a later pick and having him set to work in at C when he returns I'm 2024. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

No leaks meaningless garbage quite like Chris Ballard

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

All this for one year of Rodgers hahahaha

We get Doctors chiming in on athlete's injuries all the time, at what point do we get a psychologist to give us an opinion on what the heck this behavior represents.  If you told me Rodgers was a reincarnated *** hole housecat who had a proclivity for knocking vases off shelves I would believe you. 

2 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

We get Doctors chiming in on athlete's injuries all the time, at what point do we get a psychologist to give us an opinion on what the heck this behavior represents.  If you told me Rodgers was a reincarnated *** hole housecat who had a proclivity for knocking vases off shelves I would believe you. 

Yeah man I totally agree,  I just bet he gives this exact look to the Packers FO (and their legion of "owners" right before he decides to stay, but immediately after they trade all teh players he loves to the Jets)