2022 Around league

dll2000

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

No way in hell I would either. Dude has missed 6 regular season games in each of the last two years, missed a playoff game, and he hasn't looked remotely as good as he did his MVP year. Some drop off is expected from such a great year but at this point I'd have gambled on several QBs prior to Jackson in FA this year, and I'd draft Young or Stroud over him too. They may not be as good but they have cleaner bills of health and are so much cheaper I would feel like I could fill a team around them better.

BAL also tried a slightly higher passing volume in 2021 and it provided nothing but diminishing returns too.

Here is an unpopular opinion.  

Most of stuff they say about Justin Fields, which is untrue, is actually true of Jackson.

Jackson's arm is below average in strength and especially accuracy.   He is a WR or RB playing QB. 

Or more accurately, a college style QB playing QB in NFL.

It works much of time, but a good game plan often destroys it and it will almost never will work in a playoff where you have a good defense and an extra week to practice/game plan for it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Here is an unpopular opinion.  

Most of stuff they say about Justin Fields, which is untrue, is actually true of Jackson.

Jackson's arm is below average in strength and especially accuracy.   He is a WR or RB playing QB. 

Or more accurately, a college style QB playing QB in NFL.

It works much of time, but a good game plan often destroys it and it will almost never will work in a playoff where you have a good defense and an extra week to practice/game plan for it. 

Washington Should sign Lamar and front load it..... and might only lose 2 1st rounds.  It would be a win for them...lolz🤣

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

=

=

Hmmm 🤔

Could be collusion, or it could be that the owners who were all reportedly pissed after Haslam gave Watson a fully guaranteed contract, all have no intentions of giving Lamar one, and came to that conclusion individually.  It could also be dealing with communicating with Lamar going all the way back to before he was drafted, was reportedly a pain and a chore and apparently had something to do with him falling to 32.  I remember there being reports of teams legit not being able to get a hold of him.  May have turned a lot of teams off back then, and they don't want the headache now

• Like 1

I love how everyone wants to call collusion on the things that are the most obvious stuff. It’s about GUARANTEED money, has nothing to do with it being Lamar.

If Josh Allen was doing the same thing, it would be the same outcome. Lamar being a pain in the butt (no agent) and a legitimate injury concern, all while likely already having peaked in his career, just makes this an easier conclusion to come to. 

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I love how everyone wants to call collusion on the things that are the most obvious stuff. It’s about GUARANTEED money, has nothing to do with it being Lamar.

If Josh Allen was doing the same thing, it would be the same outcome. Lamar being a pain in the butt (no agent) and a legitimate injury concern, all while likely already having peaked in his career, just makes this an easier conclusion to come to. 

Idk that the same would be true w/ Allen and Mahomes. If they were available teams would be lining up to pay them whatever they were asking.  But having Allen or Mahomes means having one of the most talented QBs in the league and being virtually guaranteed to be competing for SuperBowls over the length of the contract.  Lamar is no longer even the most talented runner.  The conditions here are an onion, lots of layers to peel back.  

28 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Idk that the same would be true w/ Allen and Mahomes. If they were available teams would be lining up to pay them whatever they were asking.  But having Allen or Mahomes means having one of the most talented QBs in the league and being virtually guaranteed to be competing for SuperBowls over the length of the contract.  Lamar is no longer even the most talented runner.  The conditions here are an onion, lots of layers to peel back.  

Mahomes is the only one who can justifiably ask for an industry changing contract. 

I promise you, especially after the season he just had, and the team regressing each of the last 3 seasons, Josh Allen would be getting the same scrutiny if he was asking for a fully guaranteed contract. Especially as he slides back into bad tendencies now that Brian Daboll is gone

Edited by StLunatic88

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

No way in hell I would either. Dude has missed 6 regular season games in each of the last two years, missed a playoff game, and he hasn't looked remotely as good as he did his MVP year. Some drop off is expected from such a great year but at this point I'd have gambled on several QBs prior to Jackson in FA this year, and I'd draft Young or Stroud over him too. They may not be as good but they have cleaner bills of health and are so much cheaper I would feel like I could fill a team around them better.

BAL also tried a slightly higher passing volume in 2021 and it provided nothing but diminishing returns too.

for the record, i think at least half the games he missed this year were more due to contract status than actually being injured

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Mahomes is the only one who can justifiably ask for an industry changing contract. 

I promise you, especially after the season he just had, and the team regressing each of the last 3 seasons, Josh Allen would be getting the same scrutiny if he was asking for a fully guaranteed contract. Especially as he slides back into bad tendencies now that Brian Daboll is gone

The Bills team record has improved each of the last 3 years, and Allen has been a legit MVP candidate each of the last 3 years.  I would hardly call that regressing. We all can say there appear to be 3 teams on a different tier than the rest of the AFC and it looks like that is mostly due to QB.  Again I will say teams would be falling over themselves to get Allen.

Edited by Superman(DH23)

46 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

for the record, i think at least half the games he missed this year were more due to contract status than actually being injured

Most likely. If so it just further validates that he isn't worth it that kind of money. To be cool with leaving your guys fighting with a scrub and Jackson has a pissy fit? He's not worth a franchise QB deal. 

To be fair if Fields would do that I'd tell him to go get ****ed too. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think BUF is a weird deal. He carries them and is the only QB that seemed tp have to play hero ball at the level of Fields last year. Outside of Diggs their offense was mediocre as hell. Knox is JAG and Singletary is Cohen, and their OL is better than Chicago's but still bottom 10 I'd wager. If not there is no way it isn't in the bottom half of the league. 

The team itself is regressing that is one thing, but I think they just have Allen doing so much that he isn't actually regressing at all. Give him some help (protection amd a real run game) and the errors he was making likely smooth out. 

Media keeps calling Jackson MVP.  That doesn’t matter, because it’s not what happened just recently. It’s like calling Mack defensive player of year.  

Rodgers has more claim to MVP status than Jackson at moment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Media keeps calling Jackson MVP.  That doesn’t matter, because it’s not what happened just recently. It’s like calling Mack defensive player of year.  

Rodgers has more claim to MVP status than Jackson at moment. 

Lamar won it in his early 20's, is only 26 and in the peak of his prime, and been weighed down by an offense that in the last 3 years since has spent the least amount of cap space on other offensive players and 2nd least amount of cap space on WRs forcing him to rely mostly on himself.

khalil mack won DPOY 7 years ago and is 32 years old

rodgers might have won back-to-back mvps a couple years ago, but he's also 39 years old and has to take ayahuasca in complete darkness to decide if he even wants to play football anymore

these are not real comparisons 

4 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Lamar won it in his early 20's, is only 26 and in the peak of his prime, and been weighed down by an offense that in the last 3 years since has spent the least amount of cap space on other offensive players and 2nd least amount of cap space on WRs forcing him to rely mostly on himself.

khalil mack won DPOY 7 years ago and is 32 years old

rodgers might have won back-to-back mvps a couple years ago, but he's also 39 years old and has to take ayahuasca in complete darkness to decide if he even wants to play football anymore

these are not real comparisons 

That was point.   

People also keep saying that.  It's all over twitter right now.  

Lamar is a 26 year old former MVP in his prime QB.   yet, a lot of teams would still rather have Rodgers for right now.   

Facts are Lamar doesn't have a long term deal and nobody is beating down Baltimore's door to trade for him with an offer they can't refuse.   

Watson didn't play for 2+ years and is full of bad press.   Even with that Cleveland still had to guarantee his contract and give up moon in draft picks, not because they really wanted to do that.  They would have loved to sign him for one first and a non guaranteed deal.   

But they had to do it to beat out other teams bidding for him.    There was competition for Watson.  

If Lamar was better thought of, he would be signed or traded and signed by someone else.  

Josh Allen got signed.   People would have traded moon to get Josh Allen.

Even Kyler Murray got paid, they shouldn't have, but they did.  

Reality is Lamar is just not in the high league wide demand people seem to want and expect him to be in.   You can argue he should be, but he just isn't.   Wanting it to be true, isn't same as it being true.  

I wouldn't want him to be Bears QB.   Others feel same.   He is a fine player, but not who I want.   

It isn't collusion.

Lamar can do a Cousins and keep getting small time big guaranteed contracts.   Next tag will be really big money.

He can still get a big contract from Balt or from another team.   Just not nearly as big as he wants.