2022 Around league

dll2000

4 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Wonder if they are the team Poles was referencing?

I'd be pretty shocked if Carolina wasn't making a play too, especially with Derek Carr now in the division, and Frank Reich and Panthers ownership looking to turn it around quick

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

we should just extend justin for $50M/year now if average at best qbs are making $40, otherwise he'll cost us $60M in 3 years.

Daniel Jones has never had a season where he threw more TDs than games played

By the time we are actually paying Justin his real cap hits ('26/'27) The Salary Cap could possibly be close to/north of $300m, so $50/60m for a QB will actually be less than what they are making now as a % of the Cap.

Just have to hope that TV bubble doesnt burst (like it is in Baseball) while we have a massive QB contract on the books

30 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i didn't necessarily hope we signed him, but i wouldn't have hated it

Thats where I'm at.  I did like the idea of giving Justin an easy option so he doesn't have to do it all himself, but honestly its probably better not to lock up a lot of money at RB when Khalil Herbert played pretty damn well last year.  

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Here's hoping...

From these early reports it seems no one wants to pay Lamar what he thinks he is worth.

Maybe the guy should try hiring a damn agent who can get in his ear and tell him he's being crazy, because it sure sounds like Baltimore really wanted to make a deal but its like they are talking to a brick wall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would guess a 2nd & maybe a conditional 2024 pick based on if he plays a 2nd year...just can't see a team giving up a top 15 pick for a 39 year old QB who is regressing and has given serious consideration to retiring over the past two years.

That’s my thought too. A 2 and a pick that could be a 1 next year if a bunch of things happen. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Here's hoping...

From these early reports it seems no one wants to pay Lamar what he thinks he is worth.

That’s what you’re banking on if you’re BAL, right?

“You think you can get $50M per or more, fully guaranteed? We have no problem giving you your shot. If you’re right we’ll either match it or, if it’s too rich for our tastes, take their picks, let you go to your chosen destination and shake your hand on the way out the door. But if not, let’s come back to the table and hammer out a deal because we really want you to be our QB.”

I think the lesser tag is actually less of a slap in the face to Jackson than the exclusive one, which would be received more like “You’ll take our $44M and like it, and short of turning down all the money and sitting out you have no other options.” Despite the lower number, this is more of a good faith gesture IMO. I fully expect he’ll sign a sheet somewhere.

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont think anyone wants to 100% guarantee the all dollars that Lamar wants

No way in hell I would either. Dude has missed 6 regular season games in each of the last two years, missed a playoff game, and he hasn't looked remotely as good as he did his MVP year. Some drop off is expected from such a great year but at this point I'd have gambled on several QBs prior to Jackson in FA this year, and I'd draft Young or Stroud over him too. They may not be as good but they have cleaner bills of health and are so much cheaper I would feel like I could fill a team around them better.

BAL also tried a slightly higher passing volume in 2021 and it provided nothing but diminishing returns too.

• Like 1