2022 Around league

dll2000

Orlando Brown hitting the market is kind of a red flag no? Why would KC not at least tag him if he was worth it? They gave up high draft capital for him.

Also don't really think he's a fit for Bears but I could be wrong.

I believe they like Braxton at LT and Orlando Brown does not really fit the zone blocking scheme they are running here.

I would expect Kaleb McGary instead. He has a connection to OL coach Chris Morgan and would fill in that RT spot nicely 

Edited by topwop1

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Assuming this happens, the return will be fascinating. The Jets know they’re the only real player for him. LV said last week they’re not in a place to trade for him, and NO just signed Carr. If the Jets are the only potential option then they can hardball GB the same way the Rangers just hardballed the Blackhawks for Kane, no? It’s pretty clear GB and Rodgers both want to move on, and if it’s NY or being stuck with a disinterested and/or unmotivated Rodgers they kinda have to take whatever they can get. 

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Orlando Brown hitting the market is kind of a red flag no? Why would KC not at least tag him if he was worth it? They gave up high draft capital for him.

I believe they like Braxton at LT and Orlando Brown does not really fit the zone blocking scheme they are running here.

I would expect Kaleb McGary instead. He has a connection to OL coach Chris Morgan and would fill in that RT spot nicely 

I think this is really why Poles would seemingly like to get the trade out of the top spot done ahead of FA if possible. He’d have a much clearer picture of what his options are to fill each roster hole that way. 

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I mentioned this earlier. Two teams have now walked away from him (unless KC thinks they can work out a deal with him while not franchising him). Teams just don't let go of good left tackles at his age.

10 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I mentioned this earlier. Two teams have now walked away from him (unless KC thinks they can work out a deal with him while not franchising him). Teams just don't let go of good left tackles at his age.

BAL didn't really "walk" away from him - he wanted starting LT money and BAL already had Stanley at a long-term contract playing LT. They got a 1st and 3rd for a guy they likely would have let walk because they have never been a team to always shell out big money for their guys

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I think a few things make this alittle different, Most obviously they are coming off of another Super Bowl win. SO they completed their investment with Brown, mission accomplished. But more so in this situation, they now have like double digit starters/impact players hitting free agency, who are all going to get more money than they would if they didnt have "Super Bowl Champion" attached to them, so they have to prioritize whop they keep around, with the limited Cap Space that they are playing with. 

The other is, this would be a 2nd consecutive Franchise Tag, which would cost them an extra $2m that this years OL Tag would cost. (120% of precious year) and they may not think he is worth $20m, doesnt mean they dont think he is still good, just not worth 9% of their Cap

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think a few things make this alittle different, Most obviously they are coming off of another Super Bowl win. SO they completed their investment with Brown, mission accomplished. But more so in this situation, they now have like double digit starters/impact players hitting free agency, who are all going to get more money than they would if they didnt have "Super Bowl Champion" attached to them, so they have to prioritize whop they keep around, with the limited Cap Space that they are playing with. 

The other is, this would be a 2nd consecutive Franchise Tag, which would cost them an extra $2m that this years OL Tag would cost. (120% of precious year) and they may not think he is worth $20m, doesnt mean they dont think he is still good, just not worth 9% of their Cap

I get that too, that being said, if they didn't want to go the franchise tag route why wouldn't they work out a contract extension prior to this point? As you stated this would be his second one. At such a premium position with scarcity of quality players available, why not secure a young LT? I get other players on the team want to get paid too, but how many more positions are more important than LT?

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Assuming this happens, the return will be fascinating. The Jets know they’re the only real player for him. LV said last week they’re not in a place to trade for him, and NO just signed Carr. If the Jets are the only potential option then they can hardball GB the same way the Rangers just hardballed the Blackhawks for Kane, no? It’s pretty clear GB and Rodgers both want to move on, and if it’s NY or being stuck with a disinterested and/or unmotivated Rodgers they kinda have to take whatever they can get. 

I would guess a 2nd & maybe a conditional 2024 pick based on if he plays a 2nd year...just can't see a team giving up a top 15 pick for a 39 year old QB who is regressing and has given serious consideration to retiring over the past two years.

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would guess a 2nd & maybe a conditional 2024 pick based on if he plays a 2nd year...just can't see a team giving up a top 15 pick for a 39 year old QB who is regressing and has given serious consideration to retiring over the past two years.

and owed $60M this year

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

I get that too, that being said, if they didn't want to go the franchise tag route why wouldn't they work out a contract extension prior to this point? As you stated this would be his second one. At such a premium position with scarcity of quality players available, why not secure a young LT? I get other players on the team want to get paid too, but how many more positions are more important than LT?

Because this isnt the 1930's and there is no longer a Reserve Rule. Unless they use the Franchise Tag again, Brown now has the right and ability to test the market, and he clearly intends to do so.

For all we know, they Chiefs see the Franchise Tag as debilitating to their cap right now, and still really want Brown back and have been offering him a lucrative deal, yet he still wants to check out the Market. Unlikely? Sure, but once again, no one has said the Chiefs just dont want him and are tossing him out with the trash.

Because this isnt the 1930's and there is no longer a Reserve Rule. Unless they use the Franchise Tag again, Brown now has the right and ability to test the market, and he clearly intends to do so.

For all we know, they Chiefs see the Franchise Tag as debilitating to their cap right now, and still really want Brown back and have been offering him a lucrative deal, yet he still wants to check out the Market. Unlikely? Sure, but once again, no one has said the Chiefs just dont want him and are tossing him out with the trash.

What does this have to do with working out a contract extension? 

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I am thinking he is in a Falcons uniform sooner rather than later.

Still think Washington is in this.

Dan Snyder handing out a Fully Guaranteed deal to Lamar on his way out the door would be the perfect within the rules Middle Finger to the rest of the league. 

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

What does this have to do with working out a contract extension? 

Its exactly what I just said, They dont just get to claim to keep him without using the Franchise Tag. The players are able to go test the market for what they feel is their worth, its a two way street and youre acting like the Chiefs just made a decision that he isnt good, so they completely shut down communication

Im not sure what is so hard to understand here.

Its exactly what I just said, They dont just get to claim to keep him without using the Franchise Tag. The players are able to go test the market for what they feel is their worth, its a two way street and youre acting like the Chiefs just made a decision that he isnt good, so they completely shut down communication

Im not sure what is so hard to understand here.

You may not be aware, but it is completely possible to have a conversation without being condescending. But I blame myself for entertaining the idea that you understood that. Forget I said anything. Thanks.