TE...Richard Rodgers...Eagles

OC...Keaton Sutherland...49ers

DT...McTelvin Agim...Broncos

DT...Marvin Wilson...Eagles

DT...Curtis Brooks...Indy

CB...Matt Hankins...Falcons

CB...Zyon Gilbert...Giants

40 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm not sure it's any better bc why are you taking a GM job to be 2nd fiddle to the HC.

Mayock was working for NFL network and got offered an NFL GM gig with a coach with a 10 year contract.

He would have taken it if they said he had to do Gruden’s laundry as part of it. 

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Mayock was working for NFL network and got offered an NFL GM gig with a coach with a 10 year contract.

He would have taken it if they said he had to do Gruden’s laundry as part of it. 

I agree, but if he is trying to get into another FO it's not an appropriate thing to say.  He has to own all the picks even the ones he didn't make and acknowledge where the process went wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Some guys I would be interested in...

QB...Chris Oladokun...Steelers (PS)

WR...Tyler Johnson...Bucs

WR...Preston Williams...Dolphins

WR...Kendrick Pryor...Bengals

WR...Seth Williams...Broncos

WR...Joe Reed...Chargers

WR/TE...Jacob Harris...Rams

TE...Richard Rodgers...Eagles

DT...Curtis Brooks...Indy

CB...Matt Hankins...Falcons

CB...Zyon Gilbert...Giants

Did more of a deep dive on the cuts this morning...

OC...James Ferentz...Pats (older but still better than Mustipher)

OL...Jack Anderson...Eagles

OL...Blake Hance...Browns

WR...Jaivon Heiligh...Bengals

TE...Dalton Keene...Pats

DT...Akeem Spence...49ers

CB...Kalon Barnes...Panthers

CB...Darrell Baker Jr...Cardinals

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Some guys I would be interested in...

WR...Tyler Johnson...Bucs

WR...Seth Williams...Broncos

WR/TE...Jacob Harris...Rams

That's it for me. Jacob Harris was a big draft crush for me last year - big WR/TE but plays great ST. Would LOVE to add him 

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Had someone throw me the idea of trading Jenkins for him. Thankfully that was never an option. Be fine taking a waiver claim on him but still. 

I think that was me? but that was when all the rumors were dropping about jenkins being on the trade block and he was no higher than 3rd on the depth chart, so my thought process was a swap of highly drafted OLinemen with the hopes that a change in scenery would help them

People in responses are calling him a liar because Kyle had final say on QB.

But he isn't saying Kyle didn't have final say, he is saying Kyle got talked out of Mac Jones and then decided on Trey Lance.  Or he got "push back."

Is that true?  I don't know.  I doubt it.  That is heavy speculation and goes against what both Kyle and Lynch have publicly stated as their process.

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I think that was me? but that was when all the rumors were dropping about jenkins being on the trade block and he was no higher than 3rd on the depth chart, so my thought process was a swap of highly drafted OLinemen with the hopes that a change in scenery would help them

No no no. Im talking about someone I worked with in Louisiana who I talk sports frequently. I should have mentioned it wasn't anyone on the board. My bad. Wasn't taking shots at you or anyone here. 

He doesn't watch the Bears often so he was just going off media reports and such. He was adamant it would be a "win for both sides" which pissed me off. Lol. 

18 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Is that true?  I don't know.  I doubt it.  That is heavy speculation and goes against what both Kyle and Lynch have publicly stated as their process.

There was HEAVY rumors leading up to the draft that Jones was the pick for the Niners. People were going crazy questioning why. Only then did the narrative change that they were going with Lance.

I find it very easy to believe that Shanahan wanted Mac Jones, that some of the scouts fell in love with Lances attributes, and convinced Lynch of the same. And once the "public opinion" came back on the leak of Mac being their pick, thats all the Lance side needed to move forward

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

There was HEAVY rumors leading up to the draft that Jones was the pick for the Niners. People were going crazy questioning why. Only then did the narrative change that they were going with Lance.

I find it very easy to believe that Shanahan wanted Mac Jones, that some of the scouts fell in love with Lances attributes, and convinced Lynch of the same. And once the "public opinion" came back on the leak of Mac being their pick, thats all the Lance side needed to move forward

I followed that whole saga in real time. 

Shanahan is real close with Simms and Simms was screaming from rooftops it was Mac.   So people put a lot of weight into that.

But Shanahan is still to blame if he got talked out of it or bowed to scout or public pressure.   It was his call to make.

Actually SF fanbase mostly wanted Fields.   But yes they were super against Mac.   Mac had low ceiling narrative.  Still has it.

They flipped to Lance when Lance was actual choice.

Public was high on Fields until he played bad last year.   Now no one liked him all along.   Or he might have been good in another Universe, but because of surrounding talent his career is doomed. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I followed that whole saga in real time. 

Shanahan is real close with Simms and Simms was screaming from rooftops it was Mac.   So people put a lot of weight into that.

But Shanahan is still to blame if he got talked out of it or bowed to scout or public pressure.   It was his call to make.

Actually SF fanbase mostly wanted Fields.   But yes they were super against Mac.   Mac had low ceiling narrative.  Still has it.

They flipped to Lance when Lance was actual choice.

Public was high on Fields until he played bad last year.   Now no one liked him all along.   Or he might have been good in another Universe, but because of surrounding talent his career is doomed. 

Simms also said that Mond was better than Justin, look how that worked out lol