2022 Around league

dll2000

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think they suck per se, but they’re in the wrong roles as starters. Both should be rotational players they were at their prior stops, with AQM at the bottom end of the rotation fighting to be active on game days. Jones makes enough plays to be a solid rotational guy but he can’t be your best IDL. 

I'll 100% stand corrected on Jones. He doesn't suck but isn't worth the $7mil he's owed next year. He's a good 3rd option at DT and I can see him staying just so there is another body on the DL and because he'll be off the books in 2024. Makes things easier for Poles. He's fits what Ive called the Garza Standard. If he's the worst starter in the group you're pretty good. If he's a back up you're doing great. If he's the best, you're f***ed. 

AQM though flatly sucks IMO . He's a vet min (or close to it) level player from what I've seen this season. I'd rather he be a guy that borders on dressing for games. Not bashing his effort but he just doesn't do anything well. 

• Like 1

So Justin fields broke Jay Cutler’s season sack record (52) with 55 now. I would’ve thought it would be more untouchable than that. 

Now the only other one to care about is Jackson’s rush yard one, fully in reach with only 64 yards needed. Let’s just ignore the fact that Jackson did it in 15 games and with 33% more pass yards and a much better td/int ratio lol. Such a shame we aren’t getting peak Fields talent cause we’ve surrounded him with the planet’s most pathetic football players 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Just got sent this from a buddy of mine asking how they have won so many games this season? I honestly have no answer for him hahaha

They are only a 1 pt favorite against our Bears next Sunday. Now watch us win and screw up our draft position just like we did back in Aaron Donald's draft year 🤦

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They are only a 1 pt favorite against our Bears next Sunday. Now watch us win and screw up our draft position just like we did back in Aaron Donald's draft year 🤦

The Noon Nightmare with a lot of playoff implications on the line… I’m hoping he takes care of business against us

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

So Justin fields broke Jay Cutler’s season sack record (52) with 55 now. I would’ve thought it would be more untouchable than that. 

Now the only other one to care about is Jackson’s rush yard one, fully in reach with only 64 yards needed. Let’s just ignore the fact that Jackson did it in 15 games and with 33% more pass yards and a much better td/int ratio lol. Such a shame we aren’t getting peak Fields talent cause we’ve surrounded him with the planet’s most pathetic football players 

To compound that Jay threw 432 times and was sacked at about a 10% rate. 

Fields has had this happen on 318 attempts and is sacked at a 14.7% rate. His career sacked percentage is over 13%

For comparison David Carr has a career sack percentage of 10.5%, his worst two seasons being 14.6% and 13.8%. 

Disgusting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Flubby did say he would be having a discussion with Poles about the practicality of benching Fields this game after so many injuries and potential for him to be hurt in a meaningless game

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Flubby did say he would be having a discussion with Poles about the practicality of benching Fields this game after so many injuries and potential for him to be hurt in a meaningless game

I think you have to play your cards close to the vest right up until game time because you don't want Minnesota or indeed the Texans to play their backups.

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm terrified. My wife is a nurse. She said the pulse is a good thing and he was likely intubated (a tube put down the throat to help breathe). She said as long as they can find the root of the issue, he should be ok but "it's a big if."

I used to say someone will die on the field one day. These guys are so strong and so fast. I didn't think the closest thing would be a relatively harmless looking tackle

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm terrified. My wife is a nurse. She said the pulse is a good thing and he was likely intubated (a tube put down the throat to help breathe). She said as long as they can find the root of the issue, he should be ok but "it's a big if."

I used to say someone will die on the field one day. These guys are so strong and so fast. I didn't think the closest thing would be a relatively harmless looking tackle

The more they are showing the worse this is looking...massive credit to Zac Taylor who seemed to take control of the situation after the league tried to given them 5 minutes to warm back up after the stoppage which is an utter disgrace considering you could see the panic amongst the medical personnel while trying to treat the poor man...Sean McDermott just had way too much going through his head to so anything but go along with it...hopefully the phone call they are having right now is the league calling this game off because no one is in the right head space even if it is the best possible outcome no person wants to go back on that field and that is the human element of football that some times the league office just don't seem to get.

• Like 2