Tales from the Eagle-verse

Kiltman

I'm prepared for Hurts to suck. His comments change nothing to me whether they're truth or not Since chances are Hurts is not the answer at QB and the Eagles seem to think that way.

Let's just hope we fell *** back into our QB of the future, but I'm not expecting it. 

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm prepared for Hurts to suck. His comments change nothing to me whether they're truth or not Since chances are Hurts is not the answer at QB and the Eagles seem to think that way.

Let's just hope we fell *** back into our QB of the future, but I'm not expecting it. 

If he only improves 20% more then he'll be the QB of the future. He doesn't really gonna do much performance wise tbh. Wins and losses could be what does him in if we don't end up giving him the extension. 

Having a hard time even thinking of him not improving with his work ethic. 

So do you think he's gonna stay the same or regress?

17 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If he only improves 20% more then he'll be the QB of the future. He doesn't really gonna do much performance wise tbh. Wins and losses could be what does him in if we don't end up giving him the extension. 

I think he is too far behind in terms of arm talent and processing for 20% better to be good enough to invest QB money on him.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think he is too far behind in terms of arm talent and processing for 20% better to be good enough to invest QB money on him.

That's fair. 

I think it'll be enough to Lurie and Howie to invest. They love high character, Hard Working & Well spoken players more then any other team. If your even above average they'll love you for a long time. Not that I agree with all that but we gotta take them into consideration when we're talking about this kind of stuff. 

19 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

20% improvement, stats-wise, would be 3800 passing yards and 19 passing TD's. Basically makes him Jimmy G with wheels.

Would we pay him? Probably.

Don't think he'll regress, but I also don't think he improves enough to get us out of round 1 of the playoffs. We'll end up playing against Dak or Rogers or Tom or Stafford or Kyler (with Hopkins this time) or Cousins, and Hurts won't be able to keep pace, except maybe against Cousins since the game will be televised. The only way I really see Hurts winning a playoff game is if like the Lions somehow make the playoffs and we get them in round 1, or we play the 49ers with Trey Lance and Lance looks shaky or we get the Saints and Jameis. Hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

20% improvement, stats-wise, would be 3800 passing yards and 19 passing TD's. Basically makes him Jimmy G with wheels.

Would we pay him? Probably.

Don't think he'll regress, but I also don't think he improves enough to get us out of round 1 of the playoffs. We'll end up playing against Dak or Rogers or Tom or Stafford or Kyler (with Hopkins this time) or Cousins, and Hurts won't be able to keep pace, except maybe against Cousins since the game will be televised. The only way I really see Hurts winning a playoff game is if like the Lions somehow make the playoffs and we get them in round 1, or we play the 49ers with Trey Lance and Lance looks shaky or we get the Saints and Jameis. Hope he proves me wrong.

No. If his stats were 20% better than last year.

He would have 4,275 passing yards, 21/22 passing TDs (closer to 22), 1,066 rushing yards, 13/14 rushing TDs. 

That is not something I'm expecting lol. I think he can get close to 4k passing yards  like 3,850-4,050 range assuming he shows early on in the season that Sirianni can trust him to throw the ball 30+ times a game and he can bump up the completion percentage from 61.3% last year to 63-64% range.

I think he'll have less rushing yards per game this year as he probably won't leave the pocket quite as often as he did last year just like he didn't leave the pocket as much last year as he did as a rookie. In his full 3 starts (didn't include GB or WAS) as a rookie he ran for 79.3 yards per game, whereas last year he rushed for 52.2 yards per game. I'm guessing this year that total will be in the 40s or so. Although I could see the rushing yards being somewhat close to the same as last year if he plays all 17 games as he only played 15 games last season (missed the Jets game and starters didn't play week 18).

As far as winning a playoff game. I can't project this far out. It'll be a really tough ask for Hurts to beat any of the SB winning QBs in Stafford, Rodgers, or Brady. If we do have to play against one of those teams in the wildcard round I wouldn't care if we lost as long as Hurts played well. I'm hoping we can win the division and get a home game against the top wild card team rather than having to go on the road and face one of the best QBs in the NFC.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No. If his stats were 20% better than last year.

He would have 4,275 passing yards, 21/22 passing TDs (closer to 22), 1,066 rushing yards, 13/14 rushing TDs. 

That is not something I'm expecting lol. I think he can get close to 4k passing yards  like 3,850-4,050 range assuming he shows early on in the season that Sirianni can trust him to throw the ball 30+ times a game and he can bump up the completion percentage from 61.3% last year to 63-64% range.

I think he'll have less rushing yards per game this year as he probably won't leave the pocket quite as often as he did last year just like he didn't leave the pocket as much last year as he did as a rookie. In his full 3 starts (didn't include GB or WAS) as a rookie he ran for 79.3 yards per game, whereas last year he rushed for 52.2 yards per game. I'm guessing this year that total will be in the 40s or so. Although I could see the rushing yards being somewhat close to the same as last year if he plays all 17 games as he only played 15 games last season (missed the Jets game and starters didn't play week 18).

As far as winning a playoff game. I can't project this far out. It'll be a really tough ask for Hurts to beat any of the SB winning QBs in Stafford, Rodgers, or Brady. If we do have to play against one of those teams in the wildcard round I wouldn't care if we lost as long as Hurts played well. I'm hoping we can win the division and get a home game against the top wild card team rather than having to go on the road and face one of the best QBs in the NFC.

3144 x .20 = 628.8 yards

3144 + 628.8 = 3772.8 passing yards.

16 x .20 = 3.2 TD's

16 + 3.2 = 19.2 Passing TD's.

Where are you getting 4275 and 21/22 from?

Or is it me that forgot how to math?

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

3144 x .20 = 628.8 yards

16 x .20 = 3.2 TD's

3,144 divided by 15 (games) = 209.6 (yards per game) x .20 = 41.92 (extra yards per game - the 20%) 

Therefore 209.6 + 41.92 = 251.52 yards per game this season x  17 games = 4,275.84 yards

Not gonna type out the math for the rest of them, but you get the point.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Fun Fact:

Dallas Goedert isn't the best blocking tight end. He's the best blocker in the NFL period.

Somehow PFF had him with a crazy good receiving grade (despite the 5 drops) and a mediocre blocking grade. 

I let it go cause he was still like tied with Kittle for their 2nd highest graded TE behind Andrews cause of that high receiving grade, but I did think that was weird.

Another Fun Fact: Goedert was also #1 among TEs for Yards Per Route Run.

Edit: Also, I'm surprised to see Schultz name up there cause Dallas fans always tell me how eh he is as a blocker.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

3144 x .20 = 628.8 yards

16 x .20 = 3.2 TD's

Where are you getting 4275 and 21/22 from?

Or is it me that forgot how to math?

He's extrapolating to 17 games opposed to the 15 Jalen played this year. Do that AND account for the 20% increase and it's spot on.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm so glad we didn't let him walk and traded Ertz.

Letting a 2nd round pick walk after his rookie contract while being really good would be a mind numbing decision and one I wouldn't expect Howie to make.

I just wish we traded Ertz a year earlier during the 2020 offseason and got back maybe a 2nd or at least 3rd rounder for him.

• Like 1