Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm curious to see how he performs. The sim has not liked him in the past.

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Yeah it’s a shot in the dark. I’m sure I’ll be replacing him after week 4.

He was awesome for me in S19/S20.

Darnell Savage [16 GS]: 83 tackles, 15 coverages, 2 sacks, 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles.

Darnell Savage [16 GS]: 99 tackles (2 stuffs), 9 coverages, 1 sack, 3 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hell no. You stay.

To elaborate: you made a substantial investment in young players at key positions across the board. Studs, to be sure, but it'll take time for them to perform well in the sim. Don't you give up on them.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

To elaborate: you made a substantial investment in young players at key positions across the board. Studs, to be sure, but it'll take time for them to perform well in the sim. Don't you give up on them.

I set the team up with three Jags top picks for Pwny. Trevor, Travon, Campbell 

15 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Darnell Savage [16 GS]: 83 tackles, 15 coverages, 2 sacks, 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles.

Darnell Savage [16 GS]: 99 tackles (2 stuffs), 9 coverages, 1 sack, 3 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles.

He was part of a S22 13-3 team as well. Hopefully he can give me something. I’ve been happy with my corners in Surtain and Johnson and Hamilton’s performance has been about as expected it would be for a rookie safety.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Everytime I lose in this league I’m like “**** it this is my last season” and everytime I win I go “I could go on a run an win the chip” 

I mean my only win is against you. So I definitely am awful just not the worst

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

Here's the thing though: Every single season in the sim that he's played, his safety partner ends up having a superior season. 

S18
Safeties:
Landon Collins [16 GS]: 91 tackles (1 stuff), 23 coverages, 2 sacks, 1 interception.
Darnell Savage [16 GS]: 64 tackles, 19 coverages, 1 sack, 1 interception.

S19
Safeties:
Landon Collins [16 GS]: 110 tackles, 26 coverages, 2 sacks, 1 interception, 3 forced fumbles, 1 touchdown.

S20
Safeties:
Landon Collins [16 GS]: 116 tackles (1 stuff), 19 coverages, 1 sack, 3 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 4 recoveries, 1 touchdown.

S21
Safeties:
Landon Collins [16 GS]: 81 tackles (3 stuffs), 23 coverages, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, 1 safety.
Darnell Savage [16 GS]: 77 tackles, 16 coverages, 2 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles.

S22
Safeties:
Darnell Savage [16 GS]: 76 tackles, 17 coverages, 1 interception.
Minkah Fitzpatrick [16 GS]: 88 tackles (2 stuffs), 24 coverages, 3 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

That, combined with his drop in impact plays and lower-than-average coverage totals, made Savage a bit of a risk. This was probably one case where I felt the sim results outweighed my opinion on his physical traits.

• Like 1