Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

@TheKillerNacho I'm not an analytics guy or anything, but I wanted to ask about this:

Possession now belongs to the Pittston Waste Walruses. Current score is Pittston Waste Walruses 16, Scranton Papermakers 27.

Q4, 4:23, 1st & 10 on the PIT 19: Kyler Murray passes the ball to the outside and completes to Larry Fitzgerald for 12 yards. Tackle made by Byron Jones.
Q4, 4:02, 1st & 10 on the PIT 31: Aaron Jones rushes up the middle for a gain of 1 yard. Tackle made by Christian Wilkins.
Q4, 3:44, 2nd & 9 on the PIT 32: Kyler Murray throws incomplete deep. Vonn Bell on the coverage.
Q4, 3:38, 3rd & 9 on the PIT 32: Kyler Murray scrambles for 1 yard. Tackle made by Christian Wilkins.
Q4, 3:24, 4th & 8 on the PIT 33: Kyler Murray checks the ball down and completes to A.J. Green for 12 yards. Tackle made by Jaire Alexander.
Q4, 3:05, 1st & 10 on the PIT 45: Kenyan Drake rushes up the middle for a gain of 4 yards. Tackle made by Christian Wilkins.
Q4, 2:48, 2nd & 6 on the PIT 49: Kyler Murray scrambles for no gain. Tackle made by Cameron Jordan.
Q4, 2:36, 3rd & 6 on the PIT 49: Kyler Murray throws the ball deep and completes to A.J. Green for 21 yards. Tackle made by Trevon Moehrig.
Q4, 2:23, 1st & 10 on the SCR 30: Kyler Murray throws incomplete deep. Byron Jones on the coverage.
Q4, 2:13, 2nd & 10 on the SCR 30: Kyler Murray throws incomplete short. Jaire Alexander on the coverage.
Q4, 2:03, 3rd & 10 on the SCR 30: Kyler Murray scrambles for 2 yards. Tackle made by Vonn Bell.
Q4, 1:58, 4th & 8 on the SCR 28: Kyler Murray throws incomplete deep. A.J. Green drops the ball.

Part in bold: I, personally, would rather my team kick the field goal right there, on 1st down, bringing the game within one possession and maintaining as much time on the clock as possible. I know that's an unconventional decision, so I don't fault the sim for not doing it.

Part underlined: I absolutely, 100%, want my team kicking the FG right there. You've got Tucker at K, are in comfortable FG range and need to come away with at least a FG on that drive. Sure, recovering the onside kick is extremely unlikely, but so is getting two possessions with 1:58 left in the game.

Am I wrong on this?

18 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@TheKillerNacho I'm not an analytics guy or anything, but I wanted to ask about this:

Possession now belongs to the Pittston Waste Walruses. Current score is Pittston Waste Walruses 16, Scranton Papermakers 27.

Q4, 4:23, 1st & 10 on the PIT 19: Kyler Murray passes the ball to the outside and completes to Larry Fitzgerald for 12 yards. Tackle made by Byron Jones.
Q4, 4:02, 1st & 10 on the PIT 31: Aaron Jones rushes up the middle for a gain of 1 yard. Tackle made by Christian Wilkins.
Q4, 3:44, 2nd & 9 on the PIT 32: Kyler Murray throws incomplete deep. Vonn Bell on the coverage.
Q4, 3:38, 3rd & 9 on the PIT 32: Kyler Murray scrambles for 1 yard. Tackle made by Christian Wilkins.
Q4, 3:24, 4th & 8 on the PIT 33: Kyler Murray checks the ball down and completes to A.J. Green for 12 yards. Tackle made by Jaire Alexander.
Q4, 3:05, 1st & 10 on the PIT 45: Kenyan Drake rushes up the middle for a gain of 4 yards. Tackle made by Christian Wilkins.
Q4, 2:48, 2nd & 6 on the PIT 49: Kyler Murray scrambles for no gain. Tackle made by Cameron Jordan.
Q4, 2:36, 3rd & 6 on the PIT 49: Kyler Murray throws the ball deep and completes to A.J. Green for 21 yards. Tackle made by Trevon Moehrig.
Q4, 2:23, 1st & 10 on the SCR 30: Kyler Murray throws incomplete deep. Byron Jones on the coverage.
Q4, 2:13, 2nd & 10 on the SCR 30: Kyler Murray throws incomplete short. Jaire Alexander on the coverage.
Q4, 2:03, 3rd & 10 on the SCR 30: Kyler Murray scrambles for 2 yards. Tackle made by Vonn Bell.
Q4, 1:58, 4th & 8 on the SCR 28: Kyler Murray throws incomplete deep. A.J. Green drops the ball.

Part in bold: I, personally, would rather my team kick the field goal right there, on 1st down, bringing the game within one possession and maintaining as much time on the clock as possible. I know that's an unconventional decision, so I don't fault the sim for not doing it.

Part underlined: I absolutely, 100%, want my team kicking the FG right there. You've got Tucker at K, are in comfortable FG range and need to come away with at least a FG on that drive. Sure, recovering the onside kick is extremely unlikely, but so is getting two possessions with 1:58 left in the game.

Am I wrong on this?

Definitely not kicking on 1st and 10 from the 30, down 11. 

Definitely kicking on 4th and 8th from the 28, down 11. 

• Like 1