Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

8 hours ago, swoosh said:

5. Freiburg Venom (Owner: SirA1)
Cobra.png
QB: Matthew Stafford (LAR)
RB: Derrick Henry (TEN)
WR: Adam Thielen (MIN)
DE: Maxx Crosby (LV)
DT: Derrick Brown (CAR)
OLB: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (CLE)
MLB: Roquan Smith (CHI)
CB: Jaycee Horn (CAR)
FS: Devin McCourty (NE)

Total Keepers: 9 (3 offense, 6 defense)

Summary: Throw my rankings out the window because SirA1 always seems to outperform what I think of his roster. He either is a genius with sliders and/or I just underrate the talent of his roster. Henry is obviously special, but the rest of the roster leaves a little to be desired for me. Stafford just had a big year with the Rams and he's as solid as they come, but I feel he was elevated by that offense. Thielen will likely have a ratings decrease, but he's still a solid keeper at WR. Brown , Owusu-Koramoah, and Horn are all good young talents on defense, but feel they're a little too raw to be stars at this stage. Smith is polarizing at MLB, but LB is weak in general so I definitely get the appeal of keeping him. To close things out, the old vet McCourty is patrolling the secondary. Solid, solid group, just feels a little lacking with studs. Still a threat to compete for a title.

zach-galifianakis-smile.gif

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

My man got MT and Jonathan Taylor for practically nothing, That's how you hustle - Harper is somewhere smiling right now. 

Took advantage of some of the newest owners in the league & couldn’t even buy them dinner first.

Absolutely abhorrent behavior. 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Word to new owners. Don’t trade, at all. Play at least two seasons before you do.

Nah. I wasn’t keeping MT anyways and he made the offer.

Better to take something than nothing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, swoosh said:

"Roquan" Smith is polarizing at MLB, but LB is weak in general so I definitely get the appeal of keeping him.

He is probably the 3rd best sim 4-3 MLB in the league (Wagner/Leonard). And is consistent at getting to the QB for me. Just a stat monster.

S23 - Roquan Smith [16 GS]: 108 tackles (11 stuffs), 8 coverages, 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

S22 - Roquan Smith [16 GS]: 102 tackles (7 stuffs), 9 coverages, 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery.

S21 - Roquan Smith [16 GS]: 111 tackles (17 stuffs), 7 coverages, 6 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery. (3-4 so stat slightly elevated)

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

@TheKillerNacho

TACOMA THUNDER

• RB: Joe Mixon
  • WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Elijah Moore (PS - 1)
  • TE: TJ Hockenson
  • 3-4 DE: Marcus Davenport
  • 3-4 OLB: Micah Parsons (3)
  • ILB: Isaiah Simmons
  • SS: Antoine Winfield
  • FS: Earl Thomas

By my counts you still have 1 left (you had 21 total, due to hosting an international game).

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

My man got MT and Jonathan Taylor for practically nothing, That's how you hustle - Harper is somewhere smiling right now. 

I guess you've got two types of owners: the ones that reach out and propose trades to the others (and get value in the process), and the ones that don't and just complain about the trades that others make. swoosh is of the first variety, and does a great job of it.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I guess you've got three types of owners: the ones that reach out and propose trades to the others (and get value in the process), ones that get their pants ripped of in trades (and lose a ton of value) and the ones that don't and just complain about the trades that others make. swoosh is of the first variety, and does a great job of it.

FIFY

@swooshthanks for taking the time to do these write ups.

I agree mostly with my team assessment. I realized a season or so ago that my team was destined to constantly be in the middle, so I have been working to flip the roster to elite potential young keepers to hopefully build a strong core, without going full tank. Hence the drafting of Smith and Chase Young early, the flipping of ARob for Waddle, flipping McCaffrey for Swift etc. Time will tell if it works

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Swoosh just stole an elite WR and two tags for a 5th and 10th, from a new owner to boot.

Disgusting act

Get off your rocker. Michael Thomas wasn't being kept. This is no different than me trading away Aaron Jones, who has been more productive than Thomas, for chump change. There's an opportunity cost to these tags. 

A pick is better than nothing. 

• Like 1