Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

24 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

good god, i deserve a purple heart.  1 pick in the first six rounds?

You can find a solid starter pretty much everywhere. You can even sometimes find a player that wasn't drafted in a sim year, but still played in real life and provides solid sim play. (I did this with D.J. Jones last year: he had a really good S21, but, for some reason, wasn't drafted and didn't play in S22. I got him in the 14th or so round for S23, and he gave me 17 stuffs and 4 sacks. He pretty much performed as well as Javon Hargrave, who was selected in the 4th round. Sure, other factors are involved, to include coaching philosophies and supporting casts, but he was great.)

Malf was great at trading his picks away, finding solid contributors in rounds 11+ and building a competitive team that way.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

next question.  Say I take a player listed at DE and put him at DT, or G and put him at T or vice versa.  How does that effect things, especially if they play those spots irl

Depends on the player. But ultimately it’ll only affect the tag cost at the end of the day.

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

next question.  Say I take a player listed at DE and put him at DT, or G and put him at T or vice versa.  How does that effect things, especially if they play those spots irl

Moving a player to a different but related position will have an impact, but moving that player to a completely different position group probably won't work out well. There are elements of the sim that are a bit unclear (which is sort of the beauty of it all), but your best bet is to try and keep things as realistic as possible.

There are also times where a good real life player simply struggles in the sim. I was high on Chris Lindstrom, based on his 2021 NFL season, but he was sort of miserable in the sim for me last year. You can never be too sure.

Luckily, this is an even year, meaning the sim stats from S23 should be a pretty decent indicator of their possible S24 performance.

28 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Tfd108 Idk GIF by Tacoma FD

Justice Judge GIF by truTV

There appears to be a slight downgrade if any, but definitely possible 

• Like 2