I don't understand why Baker gets so much hate

Championshiporbust

7 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

OK so..

Deshaun + Browns with current roster     OR      Baker Mayfield, Williams (who was just drafted Rd 1. from Alabama), 2nd David Ojabo (UofM) ,  3 n 4th for Grady Jarrett?,  and Tyreek Hill.   

I am assuming your using the picks they gave up for Deshaun.    Is this Baker on the Browns roster?   Without getting into context about contracts and cap space  I would honestly still say that Deshaun has a better chance to make it to the SuperbOwl/win.  I honestly don't believe either the Browns will make it far with Deshaun and will eventually rebuild which they could have done with Baker.    There are so many questions though like are we hypothetical for one season?   IF more Baker would have to be re-signed etc.. etc..

Ok no worries 

If I may paraphrase deshaun is better than Mayfield plus Williams,Ojabo, Jarrett, and Hill.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mtmmike said:

ok guys open up all you 
Deshaun lovers.

I get Mayfield plus

Williams WR alabama

2nd ojabo defensive end

3 and 4th traded for jarrette dt

I trade for tyreek Hill

now you get Deshaun plus the browns team make your case that your team is better

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Peculiar choices in this scenario.  I would have traded for 

Aaron Donald instead of Jarrett

Justin Jefferson/ JaMarr Chase instead of Tyreek

Regardless of that, where would Cleveland have gotten the draft capital to trade for tyreek Hill and Jarrett and still draft Williams and Ojabo?

27 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Best quote of the year.

3 and 4th from last year's draft

1st and 2nd from this year's draft.

Tyreek trade was 2022 1st, 2nd and 4th 

SO you would not have the draft picks to take Williams and Ojabo

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Did not no you guys were that cute

What part of Mayfield plus Williams plus ojabo plus jarrette plus hill do you not understand. 

Plus I still have 4 high draft picks.Fall Season Illustration GIF by Sophie Potter

Williams was a 2022 1st
Ojabo was a 2022 2nd

Hill trade was a 2022 1st and 2nd

How you getting the extra picks to both trade for Hill and make those draft picks?

16 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Hill 2023 

so you are just making up random trades that suit your narrative at whatever compensation you feel is best for that narrative?

Mar 23 2022

Kansas City ChiefsKANSAS CITY ACQUIRES
2023 4th round pick

2023 6th round pick

2022 1st round pick (#29)

2022 2nd round pick (#50)

2022 4th round pick (#121)

Kansas City ChiefsMIAMI ACQUIRES
Tyreek Hill (WR) ($18,035,000)

31 minutes ago, squire12 said:

so you are just making up random trades that suit your narrative at whatever compensation you feel is best for that narrative?

Mar 23 2022

Kansas City ChiefsKANSAS CITY ACQUIRES
2023 4th round pick

2023 6th round pick

2022 1st round pick (#29)

2022 2nd round pick (#50)

2022 4th round pick (#121)

Kansas City ChiefsMIAMI ACQUIRES
Tyreek Hill (WR) ($18,035,000)

If you do not think that Cleveland had the draft capital plus the money to get Hill that's your opinion 

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

If you do not think that Cleveland had the draft capital plus the money to get Hill that's your opinion 

Cleveland had the draft picks to get Hill.   That would have meant they would have traded their 2022 1st, 2nd and 4th to KC.   The sequence of events to do that trade make drafting Williams and Ojabo impossible in the 2022 draft since they would not have had a 1st or 2nd round pick to select those players.  

this should not be this difficult

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Cleveland had the draft picks to get Hill.   That would have meant they would have traded their 2022 1st, 2nd and 4th to KC.   The sequence of events to do that trade make drafting Williams and Ojabo impossible in the 2022 draft since they would not have had a 1st or 2nd round pick to select those players.  

this should not be this difficult

Not sure what you mean.

Besides let's change this equation they offer Mike Williams 150,000,000 .

For 5 years with a 150 million signing bonus.

The point of the discussion on my part I thought Cleveland would be better with those players then paying Deshaun 60,000,00 per year.

Plus having draft picks back.

Yes, you can surround a mediocre QB with enough talent to elevate that team above another team with an elite quarterback and worse surrounding talent. 

You can also win a whole lot more games with that elite QB than you can with that mediocre QB if you're unable to surround the latter with a juggernaut of talent. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes, you can surround a mediocre QB with enough talent to elevate that team above another team with an elite quarterback and worse surrounding talent. 

You can also win a whole lot more games with that elite QB than you can with that mediocre QB if you're unable to surround the latter with a juggernaut of talent. 

The difference between you guys in

Me is that you consider Deshaun elite I do not in his head to head competition he has been soundly beaten by.

Mahomes

Wilson

Mayfield 

Lamar

Luck

There is only 1 elite qb on that list.

16 hours ago, Forge said:
16 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

It’s like the Orangutan jumped right out of the avatar and tried to start communicating with me!

Just so you know, I think of you as the one all the way on the right

Ooooh, ooooh - do me next, do me next!

• Like 1