I don't understand why Baker gets so much hate

Championshiporbust

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Even if we win the Super Bowl I don't think anyone will consider Carr a top 10 QB. It's also different because Baker was going from year 3 to 4, we have an 8 year sample size of Carr. But keep taking shots, lol. What happened when we played you guys the last two seasons? 

Who took a shot? I'm just projecting some of your fans would do the same as some Browns fans. You think you're better fans? It would be an insult to assume you'd do the same thing as Browns fans?

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Who took a shot? I'm just projecting some of your fans would do the same as some Browns fans. You think you're better fans? It would be an insult to assume you'd do the same thing as Browns fans?

They're totally different situations. You repeatedly mocked Carr having zero playoff wins.

Baker was going into year 4, coming off of a career season, so people were asking if he could cement himself as a top 10 guy last season. That made sense to ask, was he someone that could turn the corner?

If we win a playoff game, Carr will be going into year 10, lol. So we'll have a decade sample size and that decade says he's not an elite guy...

But yes I do think we have better fans.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

the recent Watson news has me wondering if he'll play this season

so would Baker be up for playing one full season with the browns this yr?

Watson is done this year I’d bet good money on that.

As for Baker, that’s an unsalvageable relationship, mostly on Bakers end. He already lit the match.  

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Watson is done this year I’d bet good money on that.

As for Baker, that’s an unsalvageable relationship, mostly on Bakers end. He already lit the match.  

crazy, because starting one yr with cle might be the best on the field situation for him lol play this yr healthy and have a decent yr and get traded in the offseason. I can see playing for the coach/owner being to hard for him to get passed tho, oh well

35 minutes ago, August4th said:

crazy, because starting one yr with cle might be the best on the field situation for him lol play this yr healthy and have a decent yr and get traded in the offseason. I can see playing for the coach/owner being to hard for him to get passed tho, oh well

It is going to be interesting But the

Fact the times said 66 this absolutely is a shot at the league.

Either they lied or are incompetent.

The scary thing is if they did not know this then the entire hierarchy of the NFL should have public hearings before congress.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

the recent Watson news has me wondering if he'll play this season

so would Baker be up for playing one full season with the browns this yr?

If he’s still on the Browns roster and doesn’t show up, he loses by not showing up for practices and games imo. I know it’s Deshaun Watson who’s seeming like the worst, but in a vacuum Baker is in a situation that is faced by NFL players year in and year out: being replaced (no one read this as downplaying the allegations of Watson because they are serious and I in no way condone that). Sitting out of spite because a team brings in competition is just not an option for players who need to prove themselves like Baker. He hasn’t been good enough where that helps his cause of getting a starting gig somewhere else.

if he no shows when he has the chance to start, teams will tell him to kick rocks if he comes knocking for a contract. Teams aren’t going to feel bad for him, they’ll view it as a lack of maturity. I don’t fully agree with them in this situation, but I can see teams thinking he’s being a baby.

the Browns and Baker might just be stuck with each other this season. 

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Don't crush my dreams...I need Baker to start this entire year for the Browns. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, August4th said:

If Baker can get out of his own way, he should absolutely play for the Browns all year if Watson is suspended. That said, if I were him, I'd "restructure" or rework his contract to include language that they could not franchise him the following year. 

• Like 1