I don't understand why Baker gets so much hate

Championshiporbust

Just now, mtmmike said:

Hill 18 mill

Jarrett 18 mill

Equals 36 million 

The Browns would have had 72,000,000 without Cooper and Clowney. 

Please bring relevant arguments. 

Jarrett 2023 cap hit: $20.625M

Hill 2023 cap hit: $31.2M

So, again, unless your plan is to sign Baker Mayfield to the vet minimum, you’re already losing money. 

Jarrett, Hill, and Baker, just for 2022, would cost just under $40M in cap. That’s $6.5M from Hill, $12.9M from Jarrett, and $19M from Baker. So Cleveland’s losing money in 2022 as well, in your unrealistic hypothetical. 

Throw in Miami taking a worse offer, Hill wanting to be in Cleveland, Hill signing the same deal in Cleveland that he does in Miami, Grady being on the trade block, Ojabo coming back healthy next year, Williams recovering and being impactful after his ACL? It’s fantasy land.

Answer is Watson, on the field. He’s too big of an upgrade over Mayfield. A speedy receiver and Grady Jarrett aren’t enough to change that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Answer is Watson, on the field. He’s too big of an upgrade over Mayfield. A speedy receiver and Grady Jarrett aren’t enough to change that.

Because of Watson's off the field actions the price for the upgrade from Mayfield to Watson never was able to be debated. I think Mayfield is better than most, although not as accomplished as Watson on a statistical level and I'm not sure I would have been in favor of giving up what we did to make that upgrade.

However, Watson's off the field stuff doesn't let me consider it without that coming forward in the debate so I don't know for sure how I would have felt about it.

6 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok nude

Questions 

You can trade up and get Williams 

Draft Hamilton 

Draft Jordan give me your Draft order.

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Hill 18 mill

Jarrett 18 mill

Equals 36 million 

The Browns would have had 72,000,000 without Cooper and Clowney. 

Please bring relevant arguments. 

I’m not sure if I love these posts or not.

Reading through it’s apparently best for my health and safety to say that I do.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok nude

Questions 

You can trade up and get Williams 

Draft Hamilton 

Draft Jordan give me your Draft order.

1. Jordan Davis by a landslide. He's who I wanted in the draft.

2. Williams. He has special speed, but I am concerned about the injury.

3. Weird build and size for the position. As far as draft pundits he would be worth the grab but pretty high for a safety as well.

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

So, again, unless your plan is to sign Baker Mayfield to the vet minimum, you’re already losing money. 

Jarrett, Hill, and Baker, just for 2022, would cost just under $40M in cap. That’s $6.5M from Hill, $12.9M from Jarrett, and $19M from Baker. So Cleveland’s losing money in 2022 as well, in your unrealistic hypothetical. 

Throw in Miami taking a worse offer, Hill wanting to be in Cleveland, Hill signing the same deal in Cleveland that he does in Miami, Grady being on the trade block, Ojabo coming back healthy next year, Williams recovering and being impactful after his ACL? It’s fantasy land.

We must be looking at different publications

Jarrett was listed at 3years at 55 million 

That is 17 million.

73 million minus 17 plenty money for hill.

18 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

We must be looking at different publications

Jarrett was listed at 3years at 55 million 

That is 17 million.

73 million minus 17 plenty money for hill.

…that’s now how contracts work. You don’t just divide the total by the number of years to find out the cap hit. That’s the average annual value (AAV). Jarrett’s cap hits for the next handful of seasons are $12.9M, $20.6M, $20.3M, and $20.3M. There is no publication that says his cap hits are $17M.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/grady-jarrett-16863/

https://overthecap.com/player/grady-jarrett/3985

Same for Hill. His cap hits are $6.5M, $31.2M, $24.8M, $28M, and $50M. There is no publication putting him at $17M either. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/tyreek-hill-19119/

https://overthecap.com/player/tyreek-hill/4878

At this point if you disagree with the cap figures, you are willfully choosing to ignore actual facts.

And if you’re going to magically gift the Browns cap space by saying they never trade for Amari and never sign Clowney, then that makes this even easier. Watson, Cooper, Clowney>>>Baker, Hill, Jarrett.

Not that Hill even makes it to Cleveland in this scenario, because Kansas City has absolutely no reason to accept a worse trade package from the Browns than they would be getting from the Dolphins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Still fits plus ojabo plus Williams.

Line up November 1st

Hill wr 

Williams wr 

Jarrette dt 

Ojabo and Myles de 

Like them better than deshaun throwing to DPJ in November in Cleveland.

Line up November 1st

Hill wr 

Williams wr 

Jarrette dt 

Ojabo and Myles de 

72 million

30 million roll over

I believe your figures include Clowney plus cooper neither who I signed because I drafted Williams plus Ojabo. 

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Have a question if you are Hill

And I offer you 100,000,000 million Guaranteed at a salary cap figure of 20 mill per year due you take that over your current contract?

32 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

72 million

30 million roll over

I believe your figures include Clowney plus cooper neither who I signed because I drafted Williams plus Ojabo. 

AND magically traded those same 2022 1st and 2nd round picks to acquire Tyreek  Hill.

This is some awesome fantasy world you are living in.

Still not sure why you didn't trade for Jefferson/Chase instead of Hill if you are going full fantasy world situations

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

AND magically traded those same 2022 1st and 2nd round picks to acquire Tyreek  Hill.

This is some awesome fantasy world you are living in.

Still not sure why you didn't trade for Jefferson/Chase instead of Hill if you are going full fantasy world situations

At least I am not paying 60,000,000

For a qb that has a 1 win 2 loss record in the playoffs. 

Suggest you go look at Deshaun when he scored 18 against the Chiefs and 7 against indy.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Line up November 1st

Hill wr 

Williams wr 

Jarrette dt 

Ojabo and Myles de 

It fits, but you’re spending more money. Which is what I said - Baker, Hill, and Jarrett are going to be more expensive than Watson. 

59 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

72 million

30 million roll over

“My figures” include Hill and Jarrett. I never brought up the Browns’ total cap situation, but since you’d like to:

Clowney’s cap hit this year is $3.5M. Watson’s is $9.3M. Cooper’s is $4.9M. Under $18M total.

Baker’s was $19M on the Browns. Jarrett’s is $12.9M. Hill’s is $6.5M. Just under $40M total. You rollover less with your group than with the Browns’ actual group.

So I’d rather have Watson, Cooper, Clowney, and $20M+ in cap, over Baker, Hill, rookie Achilles year Ojabo, rookie ACL tear Jameson, and Jarrett. And again, that’s under the silly pretend logic we’re using where Tyreek Hill is a Brown without the Browns actually giving up the picks necessary to get him, lol. 

This thread was fun, let’s do it again sometime.