Championshiporbust

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

CandyMan:

Akron's Witness:

Showtime:

iloxygenil:

FGK:

We can go on, and on, and on.

If you go back to the offseason that Kitchens was hired as HC (2019? 2020?), it’s even worse. That was peak Baker-mania. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that Browns fans are trying to deny it too, sad, lol.

There was a legitimate “Kitchens > Tomlin because he unlocks Baker’s elite potential” take that I always think back at and laugh in one of the HC threads the year before Kitchen went 6-10 lol

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

If you go back to the offseason that Kitchens was hired as HC (2019? 2020?), it’s even worse. That was peak Baker-mania. 

To be fair, he had 3,700 yards, 27 TD/14 INT and broke the NFL rookie TD record in only 13 games.

If he were to have played all 16, he would have been on pace for 4,200+ yards and 33+ TDs.....as a rookie.

The hype going into his second season was extremely valid, same with the hype going into last season coming off 3,600 yards 27 TD/8 INT and a playoff win in PIT.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

There really was. There was a thread in the comparisons forum around that time and I'm pretty sure that there were comments about him going to the hall of fame. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

To be fair, he had 3,700 yards, 27 TD/14 INT and broke the NFL rookie TD record in only 13 games.

If he were to have played all 16, he would have been on pace for 4,200+ yards and 33+ TDs.....as a rookie.

The hype going into his second season was extremely valid, same with the hype going into last season coming off 3,600 yards 27 TD/8 INT and a playoff win in PIT.

For sure. I totally get why Browns fans were stoked about him...I think its probably very comparable to the way 49ers fans felt after 2017 watching the last 5 games of Jimmy G. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure. I totally get why Browns fans were stoked about him...I think its probably very comparable to the way 49ers fans felt after 2017 watching the last 5 games of Jimmy G. 

True, but people are also forgetting about the expectation that comes with being the #1 overall pick. When he played like he did as a rookie and 2020--its a lot easier to get excited and go 'oh hes going to be amazing' because of his draft status. He is supposed to be that good so its a lot easier to buy into.

If he was the 4th QB taken or a 2nd rounder, its a lot easier to dismiss those types of performances as outliers and look at everything more cautiously 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

CandyMan:

Akron's Witness:

Showtime:

iloxygenil:

FGK:

We can go on, and on, and on.

We really can't. A few non-crazy takes from 37 pages is really all you have to show. You have nothing. The other side says he's a trash human, arrogant, the league figured him out, a diva, too focused on commercials to succeed, terrible footwork that will make him impossible to depend on, bad body language, collapses in big games, and also that it's fault that his injuries hampered his on-field product. . The guy could easily turn into a top 8-10 guy. Maybe he won't, but you cited really zero big statements.  You are acting like that is hyperbolic and it's not. You have nothing.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My narrative is correct, one of the reasons he gets so much hate is because he was touted as a potential top 10, elite level QB before last season.

None of what you quoted was touting him as elite, only potentially. Ironically, the two Browns guys other than FGK you quoted were Baker-haters who got really into him out of nowhere and then shortly-after abandoned him again. Your narrative has no evidence and you have provided none. You're looking for literally what one or two posters said to back you up--flimsy effort and flimsier results.  If your narrative was the case you would have better and more quotes from a 37-page thread; conversely, if asked to dig through threads to find Baker hate, I could find plenty from every season because--wait for it--people have hated Baker unrelated to what product he put on the field. They were/are just moreso critical when he has struggled (because it satisfies them in that bullying kind of way, self-satisfaction that the one one is rooting against got a come-uppance). So really that's kind of that. Now go read a Mahomes thread and see the clear difference. 

He's mostly just talk without anything to back it up on the field. I've never seen a pro athlete as average as he is get so many commercials.

I do think he gets a bit more hate than he deserves. The way the Browns handled the entire situation is pretty disrespectful to him and says a lot about them as a franchise. Even if he's just an average starting QB he's still the best QB the expansion Browns have ever had. 

Edited by Bolts223

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Posters that said they thought Baker would be a top 10 QB:

• WizeGuy

• CandyMan

• Akron's Witness

• Showtime

• iloxygenil

• FGK

• Carls_Jr

• Mega Ron

• Dr A W Niloc

• Kiwibrown

• Thomas5737

• Kirill

• DawgX

The list goes on forever.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're really going to act like they weren't pimping Baker. @Ray Reed

And if you really wanted to take some souls you need to go back to the Lamar vs Baker threads in 18/19/20 offseasons 👀

Or the consensus QB thread last offseason where it was a ton of “cant wait for Baker to prove all of you wrong” haha

Edited by Ray Reed