Former Cowboys, Bears RB Marion Barber found dead

CBears019

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Was the biggest badass runner in the league in the early years of my football fandom.. won’t ever forget Marion. When you’re a kid football players are gods and Marion was one of the OGs for myself 

Right, he and Alstott were the tough nosed hard running dudes when I first got into football. RIP. Never forget the best 2 yard run ever. 

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

So tragic, RIP. 

Another suicide of a former NFL player, another CTE? 

If this was suicide then I wouldn't put it on CTE.  This sounds more like a result of a lifestyle he chose that he couldn't escape before it was too late. 

• Like 1

I loved watching his style of running especially when contrasted against the two Jones RBs (Julius and soft-*** Felix) he shared carries with.  Absolutely would never go down at first contact.  He ran his heart out every handoff.  He didn't get his nickname "Marion the Barbarian" for nothing. 

Years after he retired, he would sometimes come around the Dallas practice facilities during the pre-season and there'd be reports that he was not only looking rough, but speaking in a a barely coherent fashion.   And this was almost a decade ago. 

Rest easy, Marion.   You displayed true heart and toughness. 

• Like 3