Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I just watched it again.  Yeah Joyner was standing in no mans land.  I thought that slot WR was deeper holding him inside but there was a LB already there helping.  That was really bad by Joyner.

Yup, again doesn't excuse Hall but Joyner gave us nothing there where he could have closed that window for Mariota. 

48 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Cager is going to be a tough cut. Just cant see us keeping him with how much we value the LOS. Whoever picks him up, might be getting a gem. 

I'd honestly rather cut Mims and keep 4 TEs.  Cager can probably line up in the slot, has done admirable as a blocker and as he's shown can really be a matchup problem at TE with his former WR skills.  It doesn't click for every big strong WR to make the switch but it seems like it would be a huge mistake to cut him or even try and stash him at this point.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd honestly rather cut Mims and keep 4 TEs.  Cager can probably line up in the slot, has done admirable as a blocker and as he's shown can really be a matchup problem at TE with his former WR skills.  It doesn't click for every big strong WR to make the switch but it seems like it would be a huge mistake to cut him or even try and stash him at this point.

I could see that. Although I do think we're keeping all of Davis, Moore, Berrios, Wilson, Mims and Smith at WR. But I wouldn't hate keeping 6 WRs and 4 TEs.

Glad we're finally going to trade Mims. I like him but he's not going to succeed here. I said it before; the odds of him becoming going from healthy scratches all season (even with injuries) to beating out Wilson,  Davis, Moore, and Berrios is slim. Send him to Chicago.