If the NFL were to expand again, which city should they pick and what would be the mascot?

biggie.

San Antonio Alamo(s)

Orlando Rebels (Star Wars/Disney tie-in)

Washington (DC) Warriors/Redwolves - after Snyder leaves

St. Louis Archers

San Diego Sea Lions

Oklahoma City Boomers

Raleigh Renegades

Richmond/Virginia Beach Redwolves 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

San Antonio Alamo(s)

Orlando Rebels (Star Wars/Disney tie-in)

Washington (DC) Warriors/Redwolves - after Snyder leaves

St. Louis Archers

San Diego Sea Lions

Oklahoma City Boomers

Raleigh Renegades

Richmond/Virginia Beach Redwolves 

Classy. I really like that one.

Aside from St. Louis:

My guess would be either San Diego or San Antonio or Oklahoma City.

I recall making the Same Antonio Scorpions and Oklahoma City Bison in Madden once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

It'd have to be in twos though right to keep things relatively balanced?

I think they could just merge the two New York teams into one real team then add another city to stay uniform at 32.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Classy. I really like that one.

Aside from St. Louis:

My guess would be either San Diego or San Antonio or Oklahoma City.

I recall making the Same Antonio Scorpions and Oklahoma City Bison in Madden once. 

If the NFL is serious about international expansion, Mexico City, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal all make sense. 

Domestically I think Portland, Oklahoma City, St.Louis, Austin, and Salt Lake City all make sense. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If the NFL is serious about international expansion, Mexico City, Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal all make sense. 

Domestically I think Portland, Oklahoma City, St.Louis, Austin, and Salt Lake City all make sense. 

I think we're still a ways off of legitimate international expansion being part of the regular course of things. 

Partly, I think the travel restrictions we saw with international travel and COVID has given some folks cold feet on the idea. 

Furthermore, Canada can be a logistical nightmare. The money involved helps, but Customs doesn't always go particularly smoothly for guys with criminal histories. As someone said earlier about Mexico, I think their current turmoil has sort of dampened the mood towards a team being located in Mexico City. 

I'm by now means saying they're unlikely to expand beyond the borders. In fact, it's a near certainty they will. I just think we see more US based cities beforehand. 

From your list:

Portland is a trendy pick. They have dogmatic sports fans, too. Only issue I see potentially cropping up is the total population. But it's growing so....

Oklahoma City needs a team. The Plains are sparse outside of the Chiefs, especially considering it's football territory. 

St. Louis, I'd love to see a team there again. They deserve it. 

Austin is a good one, and I tend to flip flop them and San Antonio. Either one is a good choice. 

I'm not as high on Salt Lake City as others. I just don't see the allure. It's not a bad spot, just not the highest on my list when looking at potential locales 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oklahoma City needs a team. The Plains are sparse outside of the Chiefs, especially considering it's football territory. 

Unless there are concerns over attendance,  population I've never understood why they haven't received one yet. 

Given their die hard college fans, I'd be shocked if they all instantly wouldn't support an NFL team in their city. Much like the Panther fans did in Charlotte.

Oklahoma Spooners

• Like 1