NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

"What is he going to do, sit out?"

Says the team that had Harden, Kyrie, and Ben Simmons on their team last season...

I mean Simmons had other issues and ended up having back surgery. Harden was a free agent at year's end. 

Let's see 34 year old KD with four years remaining on his deal sit out games… 

37 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Fournier Or Randle have to be included to make the money part work 

They can make it work with Rose, Reddish, Toppin, and Grimes.

If I'm Utah, I refuse to take Randle or Fournier if New York isn't giving up Barrett.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We want RJ, Toppin, Grimes, and 5 1sts. 

Barrett is off the table for NYK.

Randle or Fournier would have to be included. They have depth at Center with Hartenstein,Sims,Robinson. Buttload of 1sts, Toppin.

Ainge will focus on the picks as that is his strong suit. 

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Randle or Fournier would have to be included. They have depth at Center with Hartenstein,Sims,Robinson. Buttload of 1sts, Toppin.

Question is why direction they want to take. Full rebuild or a reshuffle and try to be competitive.

Edited by AkronsWitness

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Question is why direction they want to take. Full rebuild or a reshuffle and try to be competitive.

If it's Ainge, I'd be willing to bet full rebuild. They've gutted the team to the studs once Mitchell is gone.

Clarkson/Conley/Malik Beasley should be valuable trade pieces for him too. 

28 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If it's Ainge, I'd be willing to bet full rebuild. They've gutted the team to the studs once Mitchell is gone.

Clarkson/Conley/Malik Beasley should be valuable trade pieces for him too. 

All I know is, Donovan Mitchell is going to get traded for way more than he is worth IMO. I think he is a good player, but I also think Goberts presence and Conley being the creator covered up a lot of deficiencies in his game. 

I think he was in a great system that allowed him to be strictly a scorer, but I wouldnt be surprised if he struggled going to a new team that asks more from him. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

All I know is, Donovan Mitchell is going to get traded for way more than he is worth IMO. I think he is a good player, but I also think Goberts presence and Conley being the creator covered up a lot of deficiencies in his game. 

I think he was in a great system that allowed him to be strictly a scorer, but I wouldnt be surprised if he struggled going to a new team that asks more from him. 

Donovan has been the #1 option for 5 straight years on a playoff team in the Western Conference. He's very, very good.

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Jazz aren't taking Randle back with his contract. Barrett is "off the table" just like the Jazz had cut off all trade talks for Donovan. 

RJ Barrett staying in NY honestly benefits both sides. If I’m Utah, this is the perfect year to just absolutely suck. RJ prevents you from being a bottom 3 team but he isn’t really anything great. His ceiling is probably a #2 on a contender, but he’s more likely a good #3.

If I’m Utah, I want a haul of draft picks deep into the future and I want to absolutely suck for French KD.

• Like 1