NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

This is a joke of an offer even if your swayed offer is on the table too. Unless you trade Morant plus multiple 1st round picks then I’ll be down. 

The best package you're getting will be built around Tyler Herro, DeAndre Ayton, or Jarren Jackson Jr.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Well I know the Nets aren’t going to get the value back for KD but it certainly better be better an offer that has young talented players that still has potential to be superstars and multiple 1st round picks. Anything less than that would be a disappointment. 

Then prepare to be disappointed. The return's value is going to come from the 1sts, not the players returned. Teams that can afford to go after KD don't have an SGA to trade unless the Warriors come calling and I doubt it as KD burned that bridge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The best package you're getting will be built around Tyler Herro, DeAndre Ayton, or Jarren Jackson Jr.

If trading Harden got the Nets Simmons, Drummond, Seth, and multiple 1st round picks with Simmons obviously being the centerpiece then KD centerpiece need to better than Simmons.

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Well I know the Nets aren’t going to get the value back for KD but it certainly better be better an offer that has young talented players that still has potential to be superstars and multiple 1st round picks. Anything less than that would be a disappointment. 

I mean, the offer you said was a joke had the #9 overall pick from 2021 that showed promise on a great team, another young talent that was just drafted a week ago, 3 unprotected future 1sts (granted, likely to be late but any team he gets traded to will only offer late 1sts), and immediate cap relief.

If you love Ayton then I can see why you wouldn't like this package. But if Phoenix doesn't work out, I don't see many better potential offers coming from other teams.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If trading Harden got the Nets Simmons, Drummond, Seth, and multiple 1st round picks with Simmons obviously being the centerpiece then KD centerpiece need to better than Simmons.

The difference is that Brooklyn was trying to bring back proven talent to compete. They aren't competing after trading Durant and likely losing Kyrie.

And even still...Ben Simmons doesn't have superstar potential, Drummond is about worthless to an actual team, and Curry is just a good value role player.

"When I say I’m here with Kevin (Durant), I think that it really entails us managing this franchise together alongside Joe (Tsai) and Sean (Marks),” Irving stated, “and just our group of family members that we have in our locker room, in our organization."

It just feels so similar to the "there's a tweet for everything" 

• Like 1