Cardinals sign CB Josh Jackson

TheKillerNacho

He's not very good but not woeful either, you wouldn't want him starting any extended period but as a 4th or 5th CB he would be fine. I was actually half hoping GB signed him or Kevin King back on a vet min type of deal for such a role (as we've got an awesome trio, but basically nothing beyond that). 

17 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I'm surprised King hasn't found a home yet. If he is healthy he can be an average to above average CB. I know he is never healthy but if your really that slim why not take chance. 

Kevin King not finding a job is a lot like Nick Perry not finding a job.  Perhaps the money being offered to them just isn't worth it, but they are better than quite a few players with jobs.  That said, Kevin King won't be healthy.  Five years in the league and has never played a full 16 (or 17) game season.  He is average, but doesn't play a lot of average ball.  He will play 10 games, be great for 3, be terrible for 3, and just a guy for the other 4.  

I actually didn't remember that the Packers traded him[Jackson] in 2021.  I thought that we cut bait with him longer ago than that.  I guess that personnel people see some moldable clay still there.  Perhaps he does a reverse Rasul Douglas for the Cardinals.   

Edited by ThatJerkDave
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kevin King not finding a job is a lot like Nick Perry not finding a job.  Perhaps the money being offered to them just isn't worth it, but they are better than quite a few players with jobs.  That said, Kevin King won't be healthy.  Five years in the league and has never played a full 16 (or 17) game season.  He is average, but doesn't play a lot of average ball.  He will play 10 games, be great for 3, be terrible for 3, and just a guy for the other 4.  

I actually didn't remember that the Packers traded him[Jackson] in 2021.  I thought that we cut bait with him longer ago than that.  I guess that personnel people see some moldable clay still there.  Perhaps he does a reverse Rasul Douglas for the Cardinals.   

Not super confident in Cardinals corner personnel people.  They released Rasul Douglas. They did have Patrick Peterson, but aside from him and Byron Murphy for stretches, no Cardinals CB has even achieved average play over the last decade. I guess 34 year old Tramon Williams for part of a season in 2017?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Not super confident in Cardinals corner personnel people.  They released Rasul Douglas. They did have Patrick Peterson, but aside from him and Byron Murphy for stretches, no Cardinals CB has even achieved average play over the last decade. I guess 34 year old Tramon Williams for part of a season in 2017?

Is it the same people in the building? Or is it just a snake bit area for the team?  Like, we haven't had a good return and coverage unit since... 1996?  LOL

Josh Jackson is a lottery ticket at this point.  The hype was real when we drafted him.  He just wasn't very good.  Maybe he is a safety? The Packers also drafted Micah Hyde and Damarious Randall and played them at CB.  Both were better at S when they left Green Bay.  I will say that Randall was a better CB than Hyde though.  But Hyde has really blossomed in Buffalo.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is it the same people in the building? Or is it just a snake bit area for the team?  Like, we haven't had a good return and coverage unit since... 1996?  LOL

Josh Jackson is a lottery ticket at this point.  The hype was real when we drafted him.  He just wasn't very good.  Maybe he is a safety? The Packers also drafted Micah Hyde and Damarious Randall and played them at CB.  Both were better at S when they left Green Bay.  I will say that Randall was a better CB than Hyde though.  But Hyde has really blossomed in Buffalo.  

Coaching staff? Nah, different coaches. Front office? More or less the same. Keim has been ths GM for what feels like forever, especially for a team that's only made the playoffs once in the last six seasons and has had first round studs like Robert Nkemdiche, Josh Rosen, Jonathan Cooper, and Deone Bucannon.

In fact, the Cardinals only have 6 projected starters on their 2022 roster that have been drafted by them in the last 6 seasons. Some of them (Zach Allen, Zaven Collins) haven't shown anything to this point, while others (Isaiah Simmons, Byron Murphy) have been streaky at best. 

They only have one player on their roster from their 2016 through 2018 drafts combined, the trio of years that defines the current NFL (players in their prime playing on extensions). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...