2022 Breakout player poll

vegas492

Who is "breaking" out this year? (Rookies are all under one option. I was thinking more about guys who have been around for over a year and not done much, yet.)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who yah got as a breakout player?

• Jordan Love
    • Deguara
    • Tyler Davis
    • Newman!!
    • Winfree
    • Amari Rodgers
    • Slaton
    • Garvin
    • Ramsey
    • All the ROOKIEZ!
    • My mom, your mom, anyone but Norm's mom as she is ESTABLISHED!
    • Any guy that I missed

Who yah got?

I was thinking about a player who has been here at least a year but isn't clearly established yet.

Past winners...Dillon, Tonyan, Gary....etc.

I'd say Yosh "broke out" last year.  Maybe Newman kind of did, but I put him in there anyway.

Have fun.  It's the really slow time.  We can discuss any player, and any mother, really.

• Like 1

I have three breakout guys 

RB3 Kylin Hill   Loved him when he was drafted, then he had an ACL so now is the time to shine. He may become RB2 after 2022 season when Aaron Jones cap rises to $20m.

RG/LG Jon Rhyan. I singled him out from the other rookies, because I like the idea of him at RG over Newman. Other rookies will get their shots too, of course

CB Rico Gafford  Has played for Bisaccia before, and he asked for him in Green Bay.  Anyone who can run a 4.22 40 has Special Teams potential - that is 'The Flash' fast.

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I have three breakout guys 

RB3 Kylin Hill   Loved him when he was drafted, then he had an ACL so now is the time to shine. He may become RB2 after 2022 season when Aaron Jones cap rises to $20m.

RG/LG Jon Rhyan. I singled him out from the other rookies, because I like the idea of him at RG over Newman. Other rookies will get their shots too, of course

CB Rico Gafford  Has played for Bisaccia before, and he asked for him in Green Bay.  Anyone who can run a 4.22 40 has Special Teams potential - that is 'The Flash' fast.

Your timeline is a little off, Gafford was signed to a futures deal by the Packers in January and Bisaccia was hired in February. 

I picked Slaton.  He reportedly was running first team NT at practices.  He looked pretty good as a rookie in very limited snaps.  He is an absolute tank.  I think he will carve out a role on the defense for himself.  

I also think that Randy Ramsey is going to be a really, really hard player to cut, and will probably make the 53.

For me, It's Deguara.   And that is only because it is year 3 and he's a tight end.

Year 3 for Tonyan and he caught 52 balls for 11 TD's.  Which is a ton more production that he had in years 1,2 and 4.  Combined.

Slaton would next on my "watch" list.

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

Im with you, I think he does some big things this season!

I was way wrong. I just got the impression he was the guy a lot of people were excited for. 

Understand the logic stated for the others though

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Newman!! I think the improvement he made 2nd half of last season gets overlooked by some. And if Bakh can't go, he might end up at RT.

I was going to vote Newman too.  Given that he was already a starter, and not far from average as a rookie, he's the most likely of these guys to play tons (all?) of snaps, and to improve further, and to be a reasonably solid regular this season.  

I didn't vote for him, though.  Being a starter who was a starter isn't that dramatic a breakout.  Is going from 100% snaps to 100% snaps a "breakout"?  :):). And given how under-the-radar a right guard is, if he "breaks out" and improves from a 35th-percentile right guard to a 55th-percentile right guard, does that qualify as a "breakout"?  And even if it does, will I notice?  

So I'm going to be the lazy guy and go with the countable stats.  Deguara or Winfrey.  If Deguara goes from 1-3 targets and 10-15 yards per game, and suddenly jumps to 3-6 targets per game, 30 yards per game, and ≥500 yards total, that will be easy to notice.

If Winfrey goes from typically zero snaps-per-game to 15-30 snaps per game, that too will be easy to count.  And if he goes from typically zero targets and zero yards per game, and suddenly turns into a 400-yards guy, that will be super easy to notice.  

It needs to be Garvin because we NEED that third EDGE and I'm not as hopeful as others regarding the 5th round rookie and Ramsey. I'm going with Garvin, still only 22, athletic with the measurables to thrive. Will he though? 

Those who picked Slaton, I think you are right. I think he's going to dominate inside. Immovable force we haven't had in a big fat guy since Raji. Kenny Clark is more than that and he ain't fat either. 

Those on the Newman train, I don't think he's going to start. A better option on the o-line would be Myers IMO. I think he turns full stud this year. Makes everybody forget about that other center from Ohio State, what's his name 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1