UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

1 hour ago, Bearsfancro said:

I see that Bears local writers are all against Flip or Nagy... they like safer pick... Shurmur and McDaniels..

Hope that Pace will be bold and go for Flip or Nagy

It depends. There’s a crowd that wants Shurmur and then there’s a crowd that wants one of the younger guys.

Just now, CBears019 said:

Has there been any talk around the league about Carmichael?  I haven’t seen his name come up once.

Nothing at all but one tweet from some dude putting 2&2 together and linking him to Pace...just think he doesn't have the personality to be an HC and clear the NFL knows it.

For me, im just going to trust Pace and the process as he knows more about these guys than i do.  That said if its Shurmur itll get a golf clap from me but ill b rooting hard for him. If its Mcd, no golf clap, but ill still root for him.  However if he bombs similar to denver ill b the first one at Halas Hall with torches and pitchforks calling for Pace to b fired

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Nothing at all but one tweet from some dude putting 2&2 together and linking him to Pace...just think he doesn't have the personality to be an HC and clear the NFL knows it.

2+2 says to me that if you have the rock solid resume for producing top 5 offenses over the last decade and still can't get interviews, it isn't meant to be.

Wouldn't be surprised for him to make a hell of a living as a Tom Moore-like consultant/Assistant Head Coach path.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

2+2 says to me that if you have the rock solid resume for producing top 5 offenses over the last decade and still can't get interviews, it isn't meant to be.

Wouldn't be surprised for him to make a hell of a living as a Tom Moore-like consultant/Assistant Head Coach path.

100%...everyone will want his knowledge.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

100%...everyone will want his knowledge.

Speaking of which, how would that rank if not a true OC? Would that be between OC and QB coach in the "coaching tree" or just a separate position that isn't tied to them?

After Brees retires I would LOVE to have his on the staff.

20 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The writing is definitely on the wall that the league doesnt believe in the leadership of pc, jr, but man that dudes offense, i want it.  Maybe the saints win the superbowl, sean payton and drew brees walk away and the bears can hire him as an oc.

I could see him being high'y recuited by someone like Wilkes too, depending on his contract status. NO has Payton still and might not be willing to throw Carmichael as much money since they are already paying Payton so much.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Has there been any talk around the league about Carmichael?  I haven’t seen his name come up once.

Yet I was told I was dead wrong when I said to be cautious of simple dot-connecting in regards to Pace-Carmichael.

Archived