General Talk

DoleINGout

I just read. First time hearing this.  If this is the new rule, I'm totally baffled why BB invested so much in special teams.  He had to know the changes coming.  Our new punter averages what 50 yards a punt with 5+ hang time. We might not see more than 5 returns attempt all year.

Am I missing something here ????

Edited by m haynes

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching the USC game?  This is the only game I've watched this yr, but this kid is the most over hyped quarterback. Just like Lance. ( Not saying he's plays like Lance)

He's a good quarterback no doubt should be a top pick however to say he's better than Trevor Lawrence in college is laughable. He's playing with three guys that run 4.2 40s, the playbook is bunch of gimmicks where he throws right at the line of scrimmage and basically this won't work in the pros.  Based on the Pats situation I would trade the pic and not take him. Unfortunately we're not in a position to take one player,we need several players and he's just not that good to change the franchise that is so bad.  He would definitely struggle just like Mac in our current offense. Also this draft is loaded and a competent GM could fix our offense with multiple picks.

Personally I would repeat history trade the picks like we did with Jim plunkett and draft several players such as Mike Haynes Tim Fox and others.  We need offensive players and one is not going to help. Two things, just a reminder Mahomes walked into a great situation he had a team already built for him, not the case with the Pats.  

I'm not saying Williams is a bad quarterback he's a really good quarterback but based on what I'm hearing and what I'm seeing he not going to fix the Pats problems.

Oh yeah I forgot Joe Alt the left tackle for Notre Dame big pass on him, he's over hyped, unimpressed, I would pass on him and work down the board for a different tackle

Before I finish he just threw one interception and he's screaming at the players. O boy, that's not good with Bill Belichick or the media or the ex Patriots players.  That's not the Patriots way crap, which I like to remind everyone, it's dead.

Added

I attempted these comments on my phone so forgive me for the crappy spelling. I also used voice

As I'm writing this, he just threw another interception.  He's flustered, just like Mac ( dam right he should be peeved) out there. What the heck is going on !!!!!

Edited by m haynes

Still watching the game he's doing a bunch of Mac crap, panicking, throwing interceptions, not seeing the defense. Just what I said earlier, he's a good quarterback but he needs help, if he doesn't, especially with the Patriots, he has no chance in hell.

Notre Dame's giving you a blueprint how to defend this guy. If the Pats drafted him, halfway through the 1st season, the idiot fans would be screaming for Zappy. 

CW will have the same results as Mac unless they fix the offensive line and get ( a new group)wide receivers.  The only skill that he has to save his life, is he can run however he would only last for so long til he's injured which is a very high probability.

I said previously. We need 13 new players on offense !!!!!  We have no choice, trade down throughout the 1st RD and come away with WR, LT and QB.

Note Mac is gone, he will never sign a 2nd contract here. I'm not saying this to start a discussion about his skills. Him being a good or bad QB. It's about him what he will do.

" Get me the hell away from this crap show "  Sign a contract, are you frigging kidding me!!!

Edited by m haynes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Roast of Brady was honestly a lot better than I expected. As a Pat's fan, seeing all these ex Pats roasting each other was amazing.  Seeing Kraft and BB toast together, after that whole mess of an off-season, never thought it was gonna happen.