Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think you fully understand how massive Bakers ego is lol This is the same guy who made a hit list at Oklahoma for everyone who said a negative thing about him, a guy that ran to the opposing teams sideline to taunt his former head coach in the NFL and a guy who got in arguments on a weekly basis with local/national media members at press conferences.

I understand the realities of dealing with human beings which color the situation and change calculations.   

Marrying a beautiful woman for her looks won't usually work out long term like you may think, though it sounds like a really good idea at time.   

I am just saying purely on paper it would have been better for Browns and Baker both if he stayed on this year.

1 hour ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Daaaang, he’s practically free!

Sure are a lot of chatty Browns fans all of a sudden.  Crapping on the first QB to make you relevant in over two decades (at least) after signing who you signed is…let’s just call it an interesting look. 

Just shows you haven't been looking, we have been here since day one....

39 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I realize he’s not perfect, but are some of these people brand new to the team? Did they not see the Weeden/Quinn/Frye/McCoy/etc years?  I get it, it happens with Camther fans all the time. 

So you want the Browns to pay 35M to keep a mediocre to slightly above average QB for the long haul just because their past QBs have been terrible?

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

So you want the Browns to pay 35M to keep a mediocre to slightly above average QB for the long haul just because their past QBs have been terrible?

I’d expect a modicum of respect and appreciation from an organization that’s been an embarrassment for a generation. You absolutely shouldn’t keep a player that no longer works for you, but for the fanbase to crap all over the one person that made you relevant is a joke. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I’d expect a modicum of respect and appreciation from an organization that’s been an embarrassment for a generation. You absolutely shouldn’t keep a player that no longer works for you, but for the fanbase to crap all over the one person that made you relevant is a joke. 

Who is crapping on Baker Mayfield? Both the Owner and GM have issued thank you letters and the vast majority of people who are Browns fans have wished Baker well and hopefully is successful. Its okay to be critical of a QB, regardless of what the past ones have done.

I dont understand the perception that we should be throwing flowers at Baker Mayfield for not completely falling on his face hopping over a bar that was set so incredibly low by past QBs.

20 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean I swear 50%+ of this board just a few weeks ago was saying there was no way the Browns were getting anything for Mayfield and would need to cut him. There was a another group of people that were saying just hold onto him until a team gets desperate. Guess what, they got desperate.

It was way more about clearing 8-10M of cap space more than it ever was about the pick that came with it. They did that too.

So, I love it. All the best to Baker--wish him nothing but the best and hope he regains form.

1 minute ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Stephen Colbert No GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Above is my post from yesterday.

22 hours ago, August4th said:

By 2022, car trades for Darnold and Baker in back to back offseasons. Baker being available because cle got Watson. imagine telling someone this in 2018

Add in how Josh Rosen has been out of the league for the past two seasons and Lamar Jackson has a league MVP...

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

I'll wager Brissett plays better than Baker did last year.

I wouldn't.

Brissett was horrible last year for us. I've never seen a QB play more slow than him. People criticize Tua a lot, but it can't be denied that the offense was way more effective under him. The only thing Brissett is good for is QB sneaks. I had a healthy amount of respect for Brissett before last season, too - but any playing ability he previously had is gone.

Baker was playing hurt last year, and was still easily more effective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilenFroggen said:

So because you yourself are not crapping on him and the team released a form letter press release no one is?

Like I said, I have seen the vast majority of Browns fan say the same. Also, critiquing Baker because the way he has been playing is not 'crapping on him'.