Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL. The year before they were 0-16 bro. And Tyrod was 0-1-1 and got hurt Week 3 when Baker came in to get them the win. What are you talking about?

No no, that was Tyrod's win. Sure they were down two TDs with less than 2 minutes left in the first half and Tyrod was 4-14 for 19 yards when Baker came in and outscored them 21-3 the rest of the way but technically Tyrod gets credit for the win so if you only look at boxscores it was Tyrod's victory.  I can't remember who they were playing, must have been a team with a trash QB though. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL. The year before they were 0-16 bro. And Tyrod was 0-1-1 and got hurt Week 3 when Baker came in to get them the win. What are you talking about?

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about sir!!!! Not like you’re an actual Browns fan or something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

If you get a healthy Baker I think you’re doing alright. I think his peak is top 15-20 or so. I don’t hate this for Carolina. A conditional 5th is hilarious though. 

I mean I swear 50%+ of this board just a few weeks ago was saying there was no way the Browns were getting anything for Mayfield and would need to cut him. There was a another group of people that were saying just hold onto him until a team gets desperate. Guess what, they got desperate.

It was way more about clearing 8-10M of cap space more than it ever was about the pick that came with it. They did that too.

So, I love it. All the best to Baker--wish him nothing but the best and hope he regains form.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I hope Baker crushes it and Watson never plays another down personally. I'll actively root against the Cleveland Hot Cosby's until Watson and the fools who employed him are gone. Pains me because I love Nick Chubb and a lot of that team. 

Hey! Who you calling a hot Cosby!?

😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

Spoiler

I feel the same way.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean I swear 50%+ of this board just a few weeks ago was saying there was no way the Browns were getting anything for Mayfield and would need to cut him and thee was a another group of people that were saying just hold onto him until a team gets desperate. Guess what, they got desperate.

They did get nothing for him. They paid 10.5 mil of his contract and got a conditional 5th. You know what people meant by nothing (i.e., a bag of chips and barely taking on any salary, which is what happened). The Browns dunked on themselves.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

They did get nothing for him. They paid 10.5 mil oh good contract and got a conditional 5th. You know what people meant by nothing (i.e., a bag of chips and barely taking on any salary, which is what happened). The Browns dunked on themselves.

They got 8M cap space which they wouldnt have gotten by cutting him. Which is infinitely more important to the Browns than any of the mid-round draft picks they would receive. The cap relief was always the hang up, it was never about the draft pick compensation.

Now, the Browns can go spend 8M on a guy like Julio Jones.

If the Browns sign Julio for 8M, you could then say the Browns essentially traded Baker Mayfield for Julio Jones + 5th rounder. Sounds a lot better that way right? Oh yeah and they got Deshaun Watson.

Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Deshaun Watson, Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt will make people forget about Bakers trade compensation reeeeal quick

Edited by AkronsWitness

I had Dan Snyder as the worst #32 ranked owner before the off season began.

He's now #30. (D. Snyder)

#31) Irsay (Traded former 1st Rd pick QB Wentz to Washington for a 2022 3rd Rd pick & conditional 2023 3rd Rd pick which could become a 2nd. This, after trading a 1st Rd pick for him the year before. He was traded because Wentz wouldn't take the Covid vaccine, basically)

#32)J. Haslam (Traded multiple draft resources for a QB who was being sued by 24 victims of sexual misconduct. 20 of them settled, although it's been reported of 60+ possible victims. QB didn't play at all during the whole 2022 season & is waiting for a possible 2023 suspension as well. Also gave QB huge contract extension. Now, has traded former 1st Rd pick Baker Mayfield who has been already alienated by the team & fan base to Carolina for a conditional 5th Rd pick in the year 3967. Also absorbing some cap hit as well.

Snyder has some work to do, if he's going to pass Irsay & Haslam as the worst owners in football.

And here I though changing the name to Commanders, stealing money from the top of Owners prophet sharing & passing out cheerleaders like candy was good enough to keep him at the bottom.

Irsay & Haslam say " hold my drink".

Snyder might need to crash his 20m dollar yaught into the Statue of Liberty, while it tumbles & falls on a massive crowd of LGTH & antifa & floods the UN Building & Mosque nearby, thus creating a war that sees Eli Manning grabbing an AR-15 & shooting up a baby formula factory nearby full of imigrant workers testing out the Dominion Voting Machines.

That might drop him back down to #32.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean I swear 50%+ of this board just a few weeks ago was saying there was no way the Browns were getting anything for Mayfield and would need to cut him. There was a another group of people that were saying just hold onto him until a team gets desperate. Guess what, they got desperate.

It was way more about clearing 8-10M of cap space more than it ever was about the pick that came with it. They did that too.

So, I love it. All the best to Baker--wish him nothing but the best and hope he regains form.

The Browns are paying most of his contract and got a conditional 5th. The Panthers paid nothing for him. It’s basically a flyer and an audition. Hypothetically if some team that was a contender lost their QB, the Browns could probably unload him for a 2nd or 3rd and drop all the cap hit. 

Nobody was desperate. 

Edited by lancerman

38 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I had Dan Snyder as the worst #32 ranked owner before the off season began.

He's now #30. (D. Snyder)

#31) Irsay (Traded former 1st Rd pick QB Wentz to Washington for a 2022 3rd Rd pick & conditional 2023 3rd Rd pick which could become a 2nd. This, after trading a 1st Rd pick for him the year before. He was traded because Wentz wouldn't take the Covid vaccine, basically)

#32)J. Haslam (Traded multiple draft resources for a QB who was being sued by 24 victims of sexual misconduct. 20 of them settled, although it's been reported of 60+ possible victims. QB didn't play at all during the whole 2022 season & is waiting for a possible 2023 suspension as well. Also gave QB huge contract extension. Now, has traded former 1st Rd pick Baker Mayfield who has been already alienated by the team & fan base to Carolina for a conditional 5th Rd pick in the year 3967. Also absorbing some cap hit as well.

Snyder has some work to do, if he's going to pass Irsay & Haslam as the worst owners in football.

And here I though changing the name to Commanders, stealing money from the top of Owners prophet sharing & passing out cheerleaders like candy was good enough to keep him at the bottom.

Irsay & Haslam say " hold my drink".

Snyder might need to crash his 20m dollar yaught into the Statue of Liberty, while it tumbles & falls on a massive crowd of LGTH & antifa & floods the UN Building & Mosque nearby, thus creating a war that sees Eli Manning grabbing an AR-15 & shooting up a baby formula factory nearby full of imigrant workers testing out the Dominion Voting Machines.

That might drop him back down to #32.

Na, Snyder is still the worst.

• Like 7