Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

I think it's a good deal for a guy who is a mediocre upgrade from what they already have. 

If you asked me in March if I'd rather have Wentz for a 2nd + 3rd or Baker for a 5th, plus the difference in cap space... I mean...

• Like 1

Baker Mayfield is not great but a 4th or 5th round pick for him?  Panthers got a steal, dude has been some what up and down but in only four years has over 14,000 yards passing and 92 TDs and started 60 of 59 games played which is not bad for a young player.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He was already never playing for them again.

They called him a child and he proved them correct.

He played through injury for them. I know you’re one of the Deshaun lovers around here but I’d love to see how you would feel and conduct yourself after being lied to at your work place then replaced. You wouldn’t want to keep working for them either if you had a choice. Always judgement without being in ones shoes. I hope you use bullet points in your response to this.

• Like 2

If Watson gets suspended for less than a year, I think that they just roll with Jacoby. If he gets a year, I think that they will sign Jimmy G after he's cut to a reasonably cheap 1 year deal with incentives. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Presented with no context: QBs drafted in the 5th round recently

2022: Bailey Zappe

You shut your harlot mouth, future HOFer Bailey Zappe was drafted in the FOURTH round.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

When he is suspended for a year.  It doesn't matter because there  was never a scenario where Baker would play for the Browns again.

People are going to be real mad when Watson is only suspended 4-6 games and the Browns come out relatively clean on the other side of all this

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

People are going to be real mad when Watson is only suspended 4-6 games and the Browns come out relatively clean on the other side of all this

Don't think he'll get as low as 4, but I Think 6-8 is certainly possible. But who knows what the tiny wheel of discipline will give out this time. 

• Like 1