Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This post drastically underrates just how awful Sam Darnold is.

Sam Darnold is awful with mediocre supporting casts.

Baker Mayfield is nearly awful with great supporting casts.

Don’t think we seen the worse with Baker. I think it’s possible he could end up worse than Darnold.

@ClutchDJ I agree with your analysis also noting that you did not predict anything, just said it was possible due to Baker's cozy surroundings and unimpressive overall play.

Darnold is 17-32 on teams that are 1-15 without him.

Baker is 29-30 on teams that are 3-2-1 without him.

I'm not a fan of either guy but its clear who has had it way easier so far.

• Like 1

Just now, SkippyX said:

@ClutchDJ I agree with your analysis also noting that you did not predict anything, just said it was possible due to Baker's cozy surroundings and unimpressive overall play.

Darnold is 17-32 on teams that are 1-15 without him.

Baker is 29-30 on teams that are 3-2-1 without him.

I'm not a fan of either guy but its clear who has had it way easier so far.

Both of them suck big time, but Baker inheriting a 1-31 team coming off an 0-16 season, all with 4 HC’s and offensive systems in under 2 years…are we really going to say he had it easier?

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If you get a healthy Baker I think you’re doing alright. I think his peak is top 15-20 or so. I don’t hate this for Carolina. A conditional 5th is hilarious though. 

If you want some context on how fubar'd the Browns made this situation by being non committal, 3 years ago Joe Flacco was traded for a 4th round pick with roughly the same salary (18.5M for Flacco) on a lower max cap (208M this year, 188M in 2019) following a year in which he was benched. The Broncos took on the entire salary as well, I believe.  The difference is that the Ravens made the move in Feb before the league year even opened. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Completely off track I know but does Carolina still have the NFL shield as their midfield logo? Also why do they do that

I heard a long time ago from a Panthers fan that it was Jerry Richardson saying that no team is above the shield.

I could be extremely incorrect, though.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Both of them suck big time, but Baker inheriting a 1-31 team coming off an 0-16 season, all with 4 HC’s and offensive systems in under 2 years…are we really going to say he had it easier?

He did not inherit that team. That was last year's squad. Baker was 6-7 on a team that Tyrod was 1-1-1 on.

Yes, Baker had it easier than the 2018-2020 Jets and the 2021 Panthers.

Do you need to look at the rosters?

Also as has been stated several times here. Baker feasted on bad teams in 2018, especially after the bye.

The teams he beat finished

• 7-9
  • 7-9
  • 6-10
  • 6-10
  • 6-10

The one team he beat with a winning record is a major * because he led his team to 12 points vs the 4-5 Flacco Ravens (before Lamar went 6-1)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He did not inherit that team. That was last year's squad. Baker was 6-7 on a team that Tyrod was 1-1-1 on.

LOL. The year before they were 0-16 bro. And Tyrod was 0-1-1 and got hurt Week 3 when Baker came in to get them the win. What are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Yes, Baker had it easier than the 2018-2020 Jets and the 2021 Panthers.

Do you need to look at the rosters?

Also as has been stated several times here. Baker feasted on bad teams in 2018, especially after the bye.

The teams he beat finished

• 7-9
  • 7-9
  • 6-10
  • 6-10
  • 6-10

The one team he beat with a winning record is a major * because he led his team to 12 points vs the 4-5 Flacco Ravens (before Lamar went 6-1)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

He was already never playing for them again.

They called him a child and he proved them correct.

So glad the Browns landed a real adult like Deshaun Watson

He only does grown up adult things that only a man could do

• Like 14