Browns trade Baker Mayfield to Carolina for conditional 2024 5th

Forge

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wow. A relatively young starting QB who is a former #1 pick and has shown flashes of ability for a fifth. What a weird year. Stank arse Darnold got more than that (from the same team) despite showing less.

Yeah, this was mostly a situational thing, imo. Baker gets much more than that in a normal scenario. Hell, if they had just committed to shipping him off right away, I think that they get much better value and don't have to eat a dime. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's really cheap for a guy who played not terribly when he didn't have weird shoulder injuries.

With how lenient and forgiving everyone seems to be with first round QBs that are awful, it is insane to me how quickly people forgot how good Baker looked when his arm wasn't barely hanging on to his shoulder.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, this was mostly a situational thing, imo. Baker gets much more than that in a normal scenario. Hell, if they had just committed to shipping him off right away, I think that they get much better value and don't have to eat a dime. 

Coming from a Ravens fan - the Browns FO has been my 2nd favorite for the last 2 decades

• Like 3

Just now, minutemancl said:

With how lenient and forgiving everyone seems to be with first round QBs that are awful, it is insane to me how quickly people forgot how good Baker looked when his arm wasn't barely hanging on to his shoulder.

Presented with no context: QBs drafted in the 5th round recently

2022: Bailey Zappe

2020: Jake Fromm

2019: Easton Stuck

2019: Clayton Thorson

2018: Mike White

2017: Nathan Peterman

The bar is real low this deep.

• Like 2