What the Mike Singletary Rumor Actually Means...

Mind Character

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Go big or go home I always say. Even if I don’t. 

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Spent the last 10 minutes doing some twitter sleuthing, and here's the latest - take it for what it's worth.

Mike Singletary's interview would satisfy the Rooney Rule for either a front office or coaching hire. A possible hurdle to announce a new hire, or a possible position coach - you decide.

Peyton Manning has had multiple meetings with the Haslams, and has had a standing offer for part ownership of the team and President of Football Operations since mid-October.

Peyton Manning has bought a house in Bratenahl Tuesday.

John Gruden, who has visited Knoxville last month and been reported to have use of the Haslam's private jet, is being reported to have no interest in coaching Tennessee. This comes as no surprise to anyone except Vols fans, but he has spent enough time in Knoxville recently to become the odds-on favorite to take over for Butch Jones. Odds makers are missing the bigger picture as to what other team's ownership has ties to that city. (It's the Browns).

So I'm shooting my shot here and now for the Browns in 2018.

President of Football Operations - Peyton Manning.

Executive Vice President - Sashi Brown

Head Coach - John Gruden

Looks feasible although I am absolutely positive, Peyton will only buy in if  he has total control of all football operations which could put Sachi at risk.

At the very least, with Manning running the show, HCing candidates will line up to take the job, rather than the bums who nobody wants. It could just possibly take Haslam out of our football operations on a daily basis, which alone would make it all worthwhile.

I would say that it looks about 95% that Peyton will be running our football team next season as de facto GM and making all the calls on draft day. A huge win for Cleveland fans if he proves to be a good talent assessor.

I would say, "well donme ditchdigger"!!!

15 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Spent the last 10 minutes doing some twitter sleuthing, and here's the latest - take it for what it's worth.

Mike Singletary's interview would satisfy the Rooney Rule for either a front office or coaching hire. A possible hurdle to announce a new hire, or a possible position coach - you decide.

Peyton Manning has had multiple meetings with the Haslams, and has had a standing offer for part ownership of the team and President of Football Operations since mid-October.

Peyton Manning has bought a house in Bratenahl Tuesday.

John Gruden, who has visited Knoxville last month and been reported to have use of the Haslam's private jet, is being reported to have no interest in coaching Tennessee. This comes as no surprise to anyone except Vols fans, but he has spent enough time in Knoxville recently to become the odds-on favorite to take over for Butch Jones. Odds makers are missing the bigger picture as to what other team's ownership has ties to that city. (It's the Browns).

So I'm shooting my shot here and now for the Browns in 2018.

President of Football Operations - Peyton Manning.

Executive Vice President - Sashi Brown

Head Coach - John Gruden

Fap

17 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I really don't like Gruden...

lmao I was just about to type I dont get what people see in Gruden lol then I saw this

Hes so much hype 

I've never seen a guy who won with other coaches players then when he gets his own players got fired get so much love 

I just don't see it and never saw it 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

lmao I was just about to type I dont get what people see in Gruden lol then I saw this

Hes so much hype 

I've never seen a guy who won with other coaches players then when he gets his own players got fired get so much love 

It's not my preference, but I'm just reading the tea leaves here.  

Although I love me some Spider 2 Y Banana.

I just need someone who will galvanize this locker room and build a group a guys who aren't afraid to respond to a challenge. Different year, same result, we get punked. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The problem is, we've had some damn good football players and currently have some good players, they just don't believe in the direction or themselves.

9 hours ago, brownie man said:

He's been out of the game for a while. That argument I'd understand, but saying he's "all hype" is laughable in my humble opinion.

Hes so much hype 

He won a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay with one of the best defenses I've ever seen.

Tony Dungy couldn't get over the hump and then Gruden was traded for HIGH draft picks, comes in, and wins a Super Bowl. Honorable mention beating HIS FORMER TEAM THAT HE BUILT which people tend to conveniently forget (The Raiders). You can't have it both ways. You can't NOT give him credit in Tampa and also NOT give him credit in Oakland. That logic just doesn't hold up, respectfully.

24 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

My biggest issue with Gruden is that I can't remember him being the best evaluator of QB talent.  Perhaps If Manning was GM that could possibly alleviate that fear but he has no experience as a GM either so who knows.

Peace!!! 

He was great at turning a 33 year old veteran QB Rich Gannon into a future MVP, and with Brad Johnson at QB was able to look competent and lead his team to a Super Bowl. He brought in a couple of old free agent QB's and made them effective, never really needing to evaluate QB talent via the draft.

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

Hes so much hype 

Gruden won in Oakland too tho.. 

he had Bruce Allen who was terrible as his GM after Rich McKay left in 03. McKay built that team. 

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He was great at turning a 33 year old veteran QB Rich Gannon into a future MVP, and with Brad Johnson at QB was able to look competent and lead his team to a Super Bowl. He brought in a couple of old free agent QB's and made them effective, never really needing to evaluate QB talent via the draft.

Yeah he turned Jeff Garcia into a pro bowler 3 years after we let him go. That alone is one of the biggest accomplishments of the decade. 

Problem with these fan theories is how can you officially interview someone for a head coaching position went the position is currently filled? Hue has not been fired. As far as I know he has not lost the lockerroom. In 1 1/2 season our front 7 has been the focus and our O-line as well. I'm willing to suffer through the surf to allow Sashi to have his 12 pick draft and his "got money to spend" free agency in the off season. We have the cash and the picks to make our offense this off season. We will be in the position to sign our franchise QB or draft him along with a ton of skilled positions. Stay the course. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived