Need to get something off my chest.

jleisher

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Any person who is afraid to post something on a message board for fear that people will disagree with them, is a giant coward. Yes, I'm calling you a coward.

If you ain't been ripped a new one on here, you aren't doing something right.

Seriously, this is a great forum.  But if you bring marginal thoughts to posts and threads, expect to get called out.  No one is immune.

It's tough love, really.

18 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Had some hutterite wine between teas last night. Felt like a whole bag of **** this morning.

BBQ chips on a cheese sandwhich got me living right now.

Try some Greek Retsina wine - that'll sort you out or kill you, and I'd guess death is probably more likely, having tried it.

The perfect sandwich should contain thin slices of cucumber along with whatever else you want to add (like cheese). Freshly cooked crispy bacon sandwiches and mayo are pretty good too.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

21 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I've got a few things I'd like to get off of my chest.

4 way stops.  Just because there is a large semi in front of you in line does not mean you get to go directly after them.  Wait your darned turn!

Roundabouts.  Can we all agree that 95% of the population understands how they work?  And the other 5% of the population shouldn't ever be driving a motorized vehicle?

Non helmet wearing motorcyclists.  If you are riding a bike and choosing not to wear a helmet, well, you get what is coming for you.  All the quicker if you do those crazy in and out of traffic movements on the highway.

Self checkout at the grocery store.  I was told that prices went up because wages had to go up.  Then why didn't they go down when we started checking and bagging our own groceries?  And by the way, you should never spend more than 5 minutes at self checkout.  If you are taking longer, get in the normal line and let us 10 item shoppers be on our merry way.

Your kids.  Stop acting like your small kids are cute, adorable and charming.  They are not.  They are like farts.  I love mine, but yours disgust me.

Folks on bicycles should be wearing a helmet too.  I cringe when I see parents riding without a helmet while the kids do.  

As for self checkouts often there is a long line to wait to have an employee check you out because there is only one or two open registers so unless you don't mind waiting it is faster to do it yourself.

Edited by Pugger

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

- it's always nice to run into my Up North family members - "oh I can't stand roundabouts, I don't know how you use them." "Uh, it's simple - if someone is coming from your left, yield. Otherwise go." "WHO CAN REMEMBER THAT" "thanks uncle, now at least I have a solid understanding of why we banned lead paint" 

- I've heard that ER doctors refer to them as "donorcycles," helmet or no. Plus after living in MKE for 15 yrs I'm sooooooo f'in over the whole Harley thing. 

The double lane roundabouts can be tricky at times, especially on the one on the east side of the bridge in De Pere.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Did we just find someone in the 5%???  😀

GUILTY!!!  😉   

We don't have roundabouts in FL so it takes some getting used to when I am up here for 10 weeks every summer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Try some Greek Retsina wine - that'll sort you out or kill you, and I'd guess death is probably more likely, having tried it.

Ill have to look into it, ive never heard of that stuff.

Not sure this jug we got off one of the kids on the colony wasnt just jim beam mixed with a splash of grape juice and a couple oz of tobacco spit.