Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

I know you guys want to ***** and moan about Sexton, but all these guys are clueless out there. There is zero development going on here. Drew just out here collecting his retirement fund. Look at him during the game. Dissect his brain right now and you’ll see inside Homer Simpson’s mind. Zizic has talent, and looks completely lost out there. I see nothing being called to help these guys out. These guys are clearly on there own, drew dont give no ****s. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just collect talent and you can sort out who you want to build around later.

We’ve got like 2 long term pieces in Cedi and Sexton, just add more talent.

You pair up one of the duke guys with sexton next year and the Cavs prolly have one of the best young 1-2 punches in the league. Gonna be what we hoped Irving and Waiters would have been

• Like 1

This team is plagued by guys who want to play like Kobe but possess none of that talent. I mean I get the coach isnt calling plays but as a player you'd think they would know not to dribble til theres 10 seconds on the clock and force up a crappy shot. 

Burks has been a positive as he tries to get other players involved. It will be sad to see him go but such a great asset with his expiring contract and good play. 

Hood is straight trash. 

Cedi's shot was falling tonight and boy was that nice to see. He has an unselfish approach to his game. I really think he will be a great starter once he understands how to play defense and we can get him to play against SG/SF and not against PFs.

Sexton is young but he isnt showing improvements in seeing the court or passing. If you notice he will dribble around and stop and the passing lane closes or the opposing player closes on a previously open teammate. I get some of this will come with time and he is raw but man is he bad right now. 

Zizic looks faster with some experience. He is playing fast as he gets more comfortable. He needs to work on being able to hold the basketball. Today he looked like he belongs in the NBA. I understand Horford was out but Zizic looks like a good piece. I want to see him and LN Jr play together.

Woj reported Memphis is looking to blow it up. Mike Conley Jr has 30, 32 and 34 mil on his salary this year and the next two. I know we dont have a ton of assets but I would love to see if we can get him given that we have expiring contracts to match

Memphis: Alec Burks, JR Smith, Rodney Hood and Ante Zizic (Clarkson or TT instead of JR if they want a player instead of expiring)
Cleveland: Mike Conley Jr

PG: Conley // Sexton // Delly

SG: Nwaba // Clarkson

SF: Zion // Osman

PF: Love // Nance Jr

C: TT // Henson

Another option I would like from our perspective is 

Phily: Burks and Hood
Cle: Fultz and Korkmaz

PG: Sexton // Delly // Clarkson

SG: Fultz // Nwaba // Korkmaz

SF: Zion // Osman

PF: Love // Nance Jr

C: TT // Zizic // Henson

• Like 1

They need to literally can everyone and start over. If you're over 25, goodbye. I'm fine sucking for the next 5-6 years if it means stockpiling high draft picks and cap space. The Warriors have made the NBA insignificant and until their group falls apart, it's going to be a pointless exercise in trying to compete. Especially for the Cavs, who are so far behind in the rebuilding process.

I'm down for trading Sexton. Never liked him and if we can get something of value for him, do it.

I like Love a lot, but he's not going to help us win. At the very most he'll be good enough to keep us from getting a top 5 pick.

37 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

They need to literally can everyone and start over. If you're over 25, goodbye. I'm fine sucking for the next 5-6 years if it means stockpiling high draft picks and cap space. The Warriors have made the NBA insignificant and until their group falls apart, it's going to be a pointless exercise in trying to compete. Especially for the Cavs, who are so far behind in the rebuilding process.

I'm down for trading Sexton. Never liked him and if we can get something of value for him, do it.

I like Love a lot, but he's not going to help us win. At the very most he'll be good enough to keep us from getting a top 5 pick.

Love, Hood, Burks, Thompson, Clarkson, Nwaba, Henson

Those names should all be gone at the trade deadline. Get picks or foreign stash guys. Young NBA players arent even a concern at this point.

Shouldnt be thinking about competing until 2022. That should be the goal but wont be...

• Like 3

The biggest issue right now is organizational. I see no clear purpose from the FO, no dedication to employees from ownership, and (clearly) no vision for development from the coaches.

I gotta admit. I don't have much hope for the team while Gilbert is running it. Because he'll can the GM anytime they ask for a raise and we will just cycle through FOs and coaches all the live long day.

• Like 1

This is your head coach right here. You know the guy in charge of developing the young talent on this team:

”I don’t know if I ever want to be a head coach again after this year,” Drew told The Athletic.”

Is it any wonder our young guys are struggling? Sheesh Drew just step down now. Go retire and watch YouTube videos on how to knit sweaters, you know it being cold up here in NE Ohio. 😠

Cedi found his shot early and rode that confidence to a career high 29 pts as well as a key defensive play towards the end. #NotJustaMeme

Sexton has good 3 point shot. We need to play him like a SG until the game slows down because hes really not seeing the court or is but not processing fast enough. 

Zizic continues to play well. Once he gets the defensive assignments and rebounding tricks from TT, he will be a great piece

Larry was rusty off the injury, missing some of his automatics. Cant wait to see him play next to Zizic.

It was nice to see Osman do well last night. 

Ziziz seems to be a player to keep an eye on. 

If Nance Jr. could ever develop a mid range jump shot like his father, he could be a serious piece. 

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Markelle Fultz and trading for him.  We have nothing to lose by bringing him in.  If he flops then so be it, we're not winning any time soon any way but if he could find the talent that made him the #1 overall pick, it would be amazing.

I would like to see if the Cavaliers could possibly sign D'angelo Russell in free agency.  He is showing flashes this year of why he was a 1st round pick.

Peace!!!

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck