Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Disagree completely.

Which is why it will be hard to dump him/his contract.

He is not worth it.

ehh I dont know about that. What cant be understated with Love is how he provides a leader, veteran and proven talent on the team where 7-8 players in the rotation are under 26 years old. He is the guide of the whole team and thats worth more than his 20/10 stat lines. The biggest issue with the 2011-2013 Cavs with young Kyrie is that they had blind leading the blind and went too deep into rebuilding mode. Love provides a much needed foundation to a rebuild and a spokesperson/leader for the 2018+ rebuilding Cavs. He also provides a #1 option and structure to the offense as a guy to get the ball to and run the team through for a bunch of 19-26 year olds.

Also, its not like we are missing out on any high level impact FAs because Loves contract lol He proves his value with the leadership/stability he provides alone to a bunch of kids who are still trying to figure out how to mold their game. Love gives this team a baseline to grow off of and he is one of the only reasons why I still make an effort to tune into games instead of watching a bunch of developmental 21 year olds run around in circles not knowing at all how to close games or run a offense.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

ehh I dont know about that. What cant be understated with Love is how he provides a leader, veteran and proven talent on the team where 7-8 players in the rotation are under 26 years old. He is the guide of the whole team and thats worth more than his 20/10 stat lines. The biggest issue with the 2011-2013 Cavs with young Kyrie is that they had blind leading the blind and went too deep into rebuilding mode. Love provides a much needed foundation to a rebuild and a spokesperson/leader for the 2018+ rebuilding Cavs. He also provides a #1 option and structure to the offense as a guy to get the ball to and run the team through for a bunch of 19-26 year olds.

Also, its not like we are missing out on any high level impact FAs because Loves contract lol He proves his value with the leadership/stability he provides alone to a bunch of kids who are still trying to figure out how to mold their game. Love gives this team a baseline to grow off of and he is one of the only reasons why I still make an effort to tune into games instead of watching a bunch of developmental 21 year olds run around in circles not knowing at all how to close games or run a offense.

you bring up a great point about that '11-'13 stretch. I think that team could have really used vet leadership b/w Irving and Waiters

I think at the end of the day most NBA players, young and old have pretty big egos. If you bring in some vet who isnt that great, their mentorship might not be accepted as a player like Love who is still the best player on our team. 

If anything I think we need to start taking chances on players teams gave up on like Brooklyn did since the draft is no longer something to be relied on. 

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Would you guys trade 5 for Bradley Beal?

Anyone who WOULDN'T do that is a fool.

But Washington would NEVER take that little for him.

Better question: Would you trade 5 and expirings for Beal and Wall. Which is an obvious no. But that's what Washington is gonna have to do, use Beal to get out from under Wall.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Better question: Would you trade 5 and expirings for Beal and Wall. Which is an obvious no. But that's what Washington is gonna have to do, use Beal to get out from under Wall.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Which would send Sexton to the bench most likely. Obviously finding a 3rd team to take wall would be ideal but probably impossible. A wall beal Sexton team would be an instant playoff team however. Which would satisfy Gilberts need to make the playoffs without lebron. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

I think at the end of the day most NBA players, young and old have pretty big egos. If you bring in some vet who isnt that great, their mentorship might not be accepted as a player like Love who is still the best player on our team. 

If anything I think we need to start taking chances on players teams gave up on like Brooklyn did since the draft is no longer something to be relied on. 

That is a smart route to go. Pacers got lucky with that as well. No one wanted Dipo anymore and he goes to the Pacers and kills it. Are there any current players that fit that mold? Josh Jackson has been pretty bad with the Suns, Emmanuel Mudiay, Dante Exum, Trey Burke (reunite him with JB), 

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Definitely. But this draft class isn't very good after #1 and #2 so Washington wouldn't do that.

IDK why people say that. 1-3 is franchise talent and 4-7 are potential franchise guys. There is literally zero purpose of Beal going from WAS to CLE. He would never agree and would want out the first chance he gets. At that point take the bigger Beal in Culver or go for all around game in Hunter who you have under contract on a rookie deal.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:28 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

It would take Washington way more than Beal to dump Walls contract (unless he somehow comes back with shooting ability)

He has 4 years left at ~40 mil/year while you only get 2 years of Beal.

I would rather take Wiggins over Wall. At least he would come with a first rounder

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck