Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not a lateral move when Mobley has by far the higher ceiling. 

allen wont be nothing. they could package him. It be great to see a Allen Sexton package and picks maybe to get a legit SF

I don't think we can package Allen. Im pretty sure S&T's you can't combine the player with other players

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im one of the few people I guess thats extremely high on Allen. Hes 23 years old and had a ton of room to improve, not to mention he is one of the best rim protectors in the NBA.

I guess I dont see the point in drafting Mobley because we 'think' he can be better than Allen just to kick Allen out the door for nothing. We got rid of Drummond and a 1st rounder to acquire Allen. Drafting Mobley just to get rid of Allen seems like a massive waste of last years time and assets we spent to get him in the first place. 

It just seems like a lateral move.

I really like Allen, and I think that if he was a little more aggressive offensively, or featured more, he could easily be an 18 PPG guy. Having said that, We didn't really give up that much to get him. Drummond wasnt going to fit long term, and I think we have seen with him in LA what his faults are. We lost a really late 2022 first round pick to get Allen, and if we did ever decide to deal him, we will for sure receive more than that back for him. 

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not a lateral move when Mobley has by far the higher ceiling. 

allen wont be nothing. they could package him. It be great to see a Allen Sexton package and picks maybe to get a legit SF

Maybe offensively but I dont see any scenario where Mobley ends up a better defender than what Allen already is. That and the Cavs have shown zero F's about involving their big men as anything more than P&R lob threats on the offensive end.

Mobley isnt some cant miss prospect is why Im saying this. Hes not Embiid or Davis coming out of college. Mobley has a nice offensive game but hes not a explosive athlete, a little clunky footed and has a lot of development that needs to happen with his jumper for him to be a true 'modern big'.

I guess Im just locked into Green at this point and hope the Cavs dont have to decide between Allen/Mobley.

24 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I really like Allen, and I think that if he was a little more aggressive offensively, or featured more, he could easily be an 18 PPG guy. Having said that, We didn't really give up that much to get him. Drummond wasnt going to fit long term, and I think we have seen with him in LA what his faults are. We lost a really late 2022 first round pick to get Allen, and if we did ever decide to deal him, we will for sure receive more than that back for him. 

Absolutely they could do a S+T for him, its all about return I guess. I am firmly in the camp of he was not featured enough on offense. We would take Mobley for his offense but do nothing with him because we are so guard-dominant with the ball on offense.

If Allen was actually worked into the offenses plans for a chance, I believe he could easily get you 18ppg while offering tremendous defense--but the Cavs seemed like the couldnt have cares less about involving him as anything more than a garbage man around the rim.

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Maybe offensively but I dont see any scenario where Mobley ends up a better defender than what Allen already is. That and the Cavs have shown zero F's about involving their big men as anything more than P&R lob threats on the offensive end.

Mobley isnt some cant miss prospect is why Im saying this. Hes not Embiid or Davis coming out of college. Mobley has a nice offensive game but hes not a explosive athlete, a little clunky footed and has a lot of development that needs to happen with his jumper for him to be a true 'modern big'.

I guess Im just locked into Green at this point and hope the Cavs dont have to decide between Allen/Mobley.

Mobley is already a far better defender than what Allen already is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Pardon?

tbf...Mobley had 3 blocks a game vs Allen 1.5 (for career) and he appears to be able to handle switching out on guards pretty well (I don't get the slow-footed thing you previously wrote)

He hasn't done it at the same level as Allen obviously.  I get it!  I like Allen too, and my preference would be to keep him, pay him, and draft Green.  If Green is taken at 2, and we are faced with Mobley or Suggs, I like Mobley.  I just don't know if Allen and Mobley fit together.

Mobley has shown much more versatility defensively, not to take away from Allen's ability to defend the paint. Mobley has shown the ability to switch and defend guys much smaller than he is. I think defensively thats what is most intriguing to me with him. I see a lot of Bam in him defensively. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

tbf...Mobley had 3 blocks a game vs Allen 1.5 (for career) and he appears to be able to handle switching out on guards pretty well (I don't get the slow-footed thing you previously wrote)

He hasn't done it at the same level as Allen obviously.  I get it!  I like Allen too, and my preference would be to keep him, pay him, and draft Green.  If Green is taken at 2, and we are faced with Mobley or Suggs, I like Mobley.  I just don't know if Allen and Mobley fit together.

mobley and allen dont fit together. 

green is my #1 pick and I would be happy if we have to settle on Mobleh cause Green goes #2. 

I would love to trade up with the Pistons to get Cade but they might not be willing.

Im just not a big fan of Allen. You just dont win with bigs like him. You can win with bigs like Mobley tho

24 minutes ago, buno67 said:

mobley and allen dont fit together. 

green is my #1 pick and I would be happy if we have to settle on Mobleh cause Green goes #2. 

I would love to trade up with the Pistons to get Cade but they might not be willing.

Im just not a big fan of Allen. You just dont win with bigs like him. You can win with bigs like Mobley tho

Idk man I disagree 

Allen can be our Clint Capela. You just need a floor stretcher with him. 

im telling y’all. Trade down with Orlando go Kuminga and Jalen Johnson. Get the two way wing and then a 4 that can stretch the floor. We’ll have a legit structure where players can actually grow within their roles. That’s how you become the next Atlanta. 

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Absolutely they could do a S+T for him, its all about return I guess. I am firmly in the camp of he was not featured enough on offense. We would take Mobley for his offense but do nothing with him because we are so guard-dominant with the ball on offense.

If Allen was actually worked into the offenses plans for a chance, I believe he could easily get you 18ppg while offering tremendous defense--but the Cavs seemed like the couldnt have cares less about involving him as anything more than a garbage man around the rim.

Ok so you’ve been watching his brother Isaiah, not Evan. 

Edited by Bonanza23
Btw I actually like his brother

55 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Idk man I disagree 

Allen can be our Clint Capela. You just need a floor stretcher with him. 

im telling y’all. Trade down with Orlando go Kuminga and Jalen Johnson. Get the two way wing and then a 4 that can stretch the floor. We’ll have a legit structure where players can actually grow within their roles. That’s how you become the next Atlanta. 

Remember the idea of being the next blazers?

also we have no one like Trae Young, just like we have no Lillard. We just need to build it our own style and quit trying to be like this team or that team.

first things first, get a franchise player. We should get that in this draft

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Remember the idea of being the next blazers?

also we have no one like Trae Young, just like we have no Lillard. We just need to build it our own style and quit trying to be like this team or that team.

first things first, get a franchise player. We should get that in this draft

I never wanted to be the next Blazers

Blazers never had a full roster. The Suns and the Hawks do. Yes they have a star but they always have talent around that star so that they don’t have to do everything. Atlanta trading down from 3 to 5 picked up Trae. Picked up a first Which turned into Cam Reddish. Who even though isn’t playing right now has helped fill out there roster and will contribute. I’m in the trade down with Orlando trade all the way. Start building something. 

I think a core of Garland Okoro Kuminga Johnson Allen could really do damage. 

29 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I never wanted to be the next Blazers

Blazers never had a full roster. The Suns and the Hawks do. Yes they have a star but they always have talent around that star so that they don’t have to do everything. Atlanta trading down from 3 to 5 picked up Trae. Picked up a first Which turned into Cam Reddish. Who even though isn’t playing right now has helped fill out there roster and will contribute. I’m in the trade down with Orlando trade all the way. Start building something. 

I think a core of Garland Okoro Kuminga Johnson Allen could really do damage. 

Only way I trade down with orl is for those picks and a swap of Love for Otto Porter.

sheds a year of high salary, and he’s an actual NBA forward

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck