Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Brad Daughtery needs to be the full time color guy.

He’s SIGNIFICANTLY better than Carr.

I love, love, love Austin Carr. I'm so glad for his heart that he's put into that job.

But yeah, it's time. I assume they'll make the transition in the off-season.

Evan Mobley is going to be a dang superstar. He was only my #2 in the draft, but he's been amazing so far. He's hit his realistic ceiling for year one and then some. He's legitimately on pace to be a top 20 overall player by the end of next year. Between him and Garland, we've got our big duo, two guys who could be legit All-stars, or even all-NBA. Allen is a fantastic third part of the trio (doesn't need as many touches to be effective and can contribute massively on D and off ball screens). The big question for the team for the next 2-3 years is who to put around them. Are Markannen/Okoro the right wings to put with the big trio? How do we develop/acquire bench pieces, draft and develop or use picks to trade for the right fits? Do Love/Rubio stick around? Is Sexton the right 6th man to backup Garland and provide scoring off the bench? 

There are a lot of questions to be answered. But if they're answered well, and Garland/Allen/Mobley stay healthy? Legit title contender. What a thing to say with how rough a lot of us felt about the team in the off-season!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Anybody else can shoot that shot besides Pagnos smh 

ANYBODY

even if he wouldve made it I wouldve been salty lol You gotta find a way to get Love an open shot there

Just a symptom of the Sexson, Rubio, Garland, Cedi absences.

10 hours ago, FGK said:

I love, love, love Austin Carr. I'm so glad for his heart that he's put into that job.

But yeah, it's time. I assume they'll make the transition in the off-season.

Daughtery is tailor made for the position. Him calling NASCAR + NBA for a long time has helped him. Working for ESPN and FOX has helped too.

I don’t know if he still has studio analyst responsibilities with FOX. That might make it difficult getting him.

Thank god Koby got rid of KPJ when he did. dude plays 16mins in the 1st half, doesn’t like it that the HC ripped into the team and specifically yelled at one player, so he gets into it with an Assistant coach and just leaves the game/arena.

Their were a decent amount of Pro-KPJ who thought Koby overreacted when he got rid of him last year. The dude is just one huge headache. Also believe if Koby would have kept KPJ, we would have never been able to draft Mobley in the draft. He and his father would have done everything in their power to avoid the Cavs/KPJ, also think that is a reason Houston didn’t draft him.

feel like Koby kept a lot of in house issues with him away from the media 

Edited by buno67

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Thank god Koby got rid of KPJ when he did. dude plays 16mins in the 1st half, doesn’t like it that the HC ripped into the team and specifically yelled at one player, so he gets into it with an Assistant coach and just leaves the game/arena.

Yeah, I don't really buy your Mobley reasoning, but it is clear that KPJ has some massive mental/emotional issues that have been sticking with him for years at this point. Like, this is why he fell in the draft, this is why he got the boot here, and now it's looking like it might just be something that dogs him throughout his career. I've loved the "good vibe Cavs" this year, and I don't think that happens with KPJ on the team.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:24 AM, candyman93 said:

Daughtery is tailor made for the position. Him calling NASCAR + NBA for a long time has helped him. Working for ESPN and FOX has helped too.

I don’t know if he still has studio analyst responsibilities with FOX. That might make it difficult getting him.

I’d prefer someone a little younger. It seems like every tv guy is form the 80s and 90s. Get someone who understands today’s game and maybe has played against today’s players. 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Their were a decent amount of Pro-KPJ who thought Koby overreacted when he got rid of him last year. The dude is just one huge headache. Also believe if Koby would have kept KPJ, we would have never been able to draft Mobley in the draft. He and his father would have done everything in their power to avoid the Cavs/KPJ, also think that is a reason Houston didn’t draft him.

Was thinking the same thing....Lots of people believed Koby screwed up letting this kid go.  

He has some serious mental health/anger/authority issues.

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

All the talent in the world but can't control his emotions.  What a waste of talent.

Peace!!!

Edited by cortes02

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d prefer someone a little younger. It seems like every tv guy is form the 80s and 90s. Get someone who understands today’s game and maybe has played against today’s players. 

do whatever it takes to get RJ and Frye  to do it together

Edited by buno67

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck