Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

“With the Jaguars up next in the preseason, it appears the plan is to start Trubisky and possibly get him the entire first half before turning it over to Pickett.”

Interesting nugget from Kaboly here. If Mitch gets the whole 1st half and Kenny start the 3rd, do we see Mason at all next week? Does Kenny get 3rd quarter and Mason 4th? Feel like they would be doing a disservice to KP to only give him one quarter. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Also worth noting that Pickett was running with the 2's yesterday at camp. Has happened once before but coming off the game against the Seahawks and this rumour it's worth keeping an eye on.

13 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's awesome. I love Chase in the slot. 

Absolutely! Pickens is going to have more success winning by himself on the outside and you can schematically put a lot of defenses at odds with Claypool in the slot. Go and just watch Claypools highlights on youtube from last year. There is so much success for him when lined up in the slot or just inside the numbers. Help him manufacturer separation and you will have a good time. 

There's a 50+ yarder against the Broncos because Von Miller had to cover him..... create that and let the 6'4, 240, 4.4 eat. 

13 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

That is not an ideal way to answer that question......

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I’d bench him out of spite…cause I’m petty like that.

ILB top 3 need going into next season already…especially with Jack at like a $11.5 mill cap hit(can save $8 mill if they cut him).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I’d bench him out of spite…cause I’m petty like that.

ILB top 3 need going into next season already…especially with Jack at like a $11.5 mill cap hit(can save $8 mill if they cut him).

At some point I think they have to try to change the attitude and the only way to do that is to take things away. Name Spillane the starter and see what sparks. 

I am hoping Jack is someone we can extend next year. I had held out hope that Bush was just recovering from the injury, but seems like there's just more and more issues in the head. 

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

At some point I think they have to try to change the attitude and the only way to do that is to take things away. Name Spillane the starter and see what sparks. 

I am hoping Jack is someone we can extend next year. I had held out hope that Bush was just recovering from the injury, but seems like there's just more and more issues in the head. 

Bush was never a particularly cerebral or instinctual player, which was why I didn't think he was worth trading up for.   I thought he could develop into a decent player with his lateral athleticism, but alas...I was wrong.    He doesn't do well in any phase of the game.   His best chance of success in this league is as a blitz package player where you can hopefully get him a free shot at a QB....but even then Im not sure.

Ive seen enough to know he will never be a guy you want starting any significant amount of time.

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

It’s probably not going to happen regardless but I agree.

Draft should be defense heavy next year…every level needs reinforced…DL/Edge/ILB/SS/Nickleback…and that’s simply based off of Free agents.

Go use FA for any spots on the OL that don’t work out(probably either LG or LT…maybe both) and use the draft to start redoing the defense.