Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st + 2024 3rd, Owner Stephen Ross suspended and fined $1.5M for tampering

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, Apparition said:

I think the results speak for themselves.

You might be right only one 300 yard passing game over the last 8 regular season games pick six in the loss to Miami that changed home field. 209 yards and another pick six in a playoff loss to the Titans. None of that was very Brady like.

There's just an abundance of owners that are just horrible people. 

Also, clearly some of these guys were fortunate in certain businesses, but that doesn't make them geniuses. Managing a professional sports franchise is difficult and unique, but it feels like some of these guys are actively trying to destabilize their operation. 

I am in favor of letting the owners wreck their team in any way they see fit, but it's not great for the league. 

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Damn sure is crazy that a statement that was clearly a joke, haha, yuck yuck, remember /s means I'm not being serious warrants a league wide mandated ownership meeting about it.

I haven't been keeping on this so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but didn't Goodell also say that he didn't believe they tanked? So if he didn't think they tanked then why would he feel the need to issue a warning to every other owner whoes not involved? Am I missing something here?

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I haven't been keeping on this so maybe I'm just out of the loop, but didn't Goodell also say that he didn't believe they tanked? So if he didn't think they tanked then why would he feel the need to issue a warning to every other owner whoes not involved? Am I missing something here?

Because Ross did try to incentivize tanking but the NFL covered it up as a "joke". So Goodell is telling the other owners not to make the mistake of being caught because he can't keep covering up their tanking with the excuse of them just being silly.

• Like 2