Around the League 2022

Bobby816

4 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I know me and @rickyt31 wanted David Shaw when that rumour started circulating. I was also keen on Jim Harbaugh.

I never wanted Saleh so I really didn’t like the hire but it is what it is and we just have to accept it now. He was supposed to be a real players coach that got the best out of his players but I think that’s a bit of a myth. 

This year the team has got talent but it’s failing to deliver. Bar a crazy ending last week we’d be 0-3. I would love an experienced HC who’s won before like a Harbaugh or Payton but going for a program builder like David Shaw would be so awesome. 

Or just bring back Rex 😂

I wanted Harbaugh so bad. Then I liked the idea of adding Shaw. I was told his offense is too "boring". If the opportunity opened up, Harbaugh,  Payton, Shaw, Fickell, and Flores are the names I'm going to again.  

Out of the coaching options we had a shot with,  I liked Saleh.  That's because I thought he was a difference maker in San Fran. They're clearly fine without him. So I have him on the hot seat now. Lol

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I wanted Harbaugh so bad. Then I liked the idea of adding Shaw. I was told his offense is too "boring". If the opportunity opened up, Harbaugh,  Payton, Shaw, Fickell, and Flores are the names I'm going to again.  

Out of the coaching options we had a shot with,  I liked Saleh.  That's because I thought he was a difference maker in San Fran. They're clearly fine without him. So I have him on the hot seat now. Lol

To be honest it was not that I didn’t ‘like’ Saleh it was just we’ve had this type of coach before and it just hasn’t worked. That’s what I was against.

I so badly wanted to be wrong but after seeing the stat about his 3 wins in 20 I’m so far off the Saleh train. 

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I would offer Harbaugh 6 years 66 million if I was Woody. Vic Fangio also a free agent you can bring him on and have him groom younger coaches since hes up in age. This is one of the few tandems that could turn this around. Saleh was a waste and we should get rid of this staff as soon as we can. I honestly think he is afraid to take over defensive play calling because he actually doesn't have the answers and he'll get exposed. Harbaugh and Fangio with a good offseason after cutting all the dead weight vets, plus yet another draft with high picks in each round and I guarantee they have us competing for a playoff spot and challenging the other teams in the division. I expect to go 1-5 or 0-6 again which is just sad. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I would offer Harbaugh 6 years 66 million if I was Woody. Vic Fangio also a free agent you can bring him on and have him groom younger coaches since hes up in age. This is one of the few tandems that could turn this around. Saleh was a waste and we should get rid of this staff as soon as we can. I honestly think he is afraid to take over defensive play calling because he actually doesn't have the answers and he'll get exposed. Harbaugh and Fangio with a good offseason after cutting all the dead weight vets, plus yet another draft with high picks in each round and I guarantee they have us competing for a playoff spot and challenging the other teams in the division. I expect to go 1-5 or 0-6 again which is just sad. 

My bar is 7 wins and Wilson's progress.  If I don't get those, give Harbaugh or SP what they want. I'm giving him a chance but I'm not hopeful. I love the roster upgrades, not too happy with who is coaching right now.  

We are lucky that Max Mitchell looks like an average tackle. moving forward he is at worst a high end swing. great 2022 draft. JD did his job. Injuries suck, but the coaching staff has done a poor job so far. Remmers has the most career starts and for better programs, not sure why hes the one that went to PS.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

At seasons end…. Those losses to CIN and BAL aren’t going to look bad at all. Factor in maybe 4 more losses to abUF and MIA. And as long as we don’t get embarrassed and are competitive, those aren’t bad losses.

Tua probably doesn’t play next week, we can beat Teddy two gloves.

47 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Tua probably doesn’t play next week, we can beat Teddy two gloves.

Can we? Their DL is going to dominate our OL. They really are just overall better at almost every position right now. Division games are usually competitive for us unless we play the Pats, but we are going to have to really come out to play to even be in that game. They are far ahead of us right now. I hope getting Zach back and hopefully Brown in a week really bridges that gap, or perhaps having our best D-lineman on the field too. God I hate how this team is run. 

20 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Can we? Their DL is going to dominate our OL. They really are just overall better at almost every position right now. Division games are usually competitive for us unless we play the Pats, but we are going to have to really come out to play to even be in that game. They are far ahead of us right now. I hope getting Zach back and hopefully Brown in a week really bridges that gap, or perhaps having our best D-lineman on the field too. God I hate how this team is run. 

I’d have to imagine we start one of our new guys we brought in next week. And we haven’t heard much about Brown. But he’s eligible to be activated this next week as well. So who plays LT for us next week is a question mark.