Bill Belichick on the hot seat?

rfournier103

3 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

If this year doesn't go well and/or Mac looks anything other than outstanding then I can see him retiring, but he's definitely not getting fired.

No chance in Hell Belichick retires before he passes Shula for all-time wins.

• 1 month later...
Just now, BroncoSojia said:

They need to get him way from personnel decisions somehow.

Yes!!! 

I’ll bet that if it became a choice of surrendering his personnel duties or being outright fired, at this stage of his career (and age) he would probably take the former. 

That could very easily happen this offseason. 

45 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

Still feel this way after seeing the Patriots’ preseason and Week 1 performances?

I was on the “absolutely no way in hell” train, before the season started. But after a loss in Week 1, I think Kraft already has Bill’s termination papers filed. The season’s basically over.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, rfournier103 said:

I posted this in the Patriots board, but I think it’s worth getting the thoughts of football fans in general…

Simple and straightforward: will Bill Belichick’s job be in danger if the Patriots post a losing record this season or another humiliating playoff blowout in the first round?

Bob Kraft has said publicly that he’s disappointed that the Patriots haven’t won a playoff game since February 2019. I think that if the Patriots don’t build on last year, or even regress, the Krafts will probably discuss it. 

Thoughts?

Bill would retire before he'd let Kraft fire him. Surprise retire too.

2 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Yes!!! 

I’ll bet that if it became a choice of surrendering his personnel duties or being outright fired, at this stage of his career (and age) he would probably take the former. 

That could very easily happen this offseason. 

It's the double-edged sword of success, where Super Bowl wins earns you too much influence for your own good. 

Honestly probably not, mostly because I feel that he needs to either go off his rocker and just start making choices that are so destructive to their team that Kraft has no choice to part ways, or if he just has in general some losing years, it will take several years. Though, honestly by the time he actually did get on the hot seat from several disappointing years, he will probably be at the point where he is gonna go into retirement anyways. 

So basically I feel Belichick is gonna have to go nuts in order for Kraft to get rid of him.