Bill Belichick on the hot seat?

rfournier103

Definitely not on the hot seat… but if the team fails to make the playoffs two years in a row, I could see a “forced retirement” and being announced as a retirement, after the 2023 season. The man is 70 something for crying out loud. 

While I don’t expect the Pats to make the playoffs this year, hard to imagine they would miss both 2022 and 2023. 

13 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Bill will be dead before he has lost enough to warrant a termination.

He'd have to literally kill someone.

He would still run the team from his prison cell even if he did kill someone. God knows he has enough camera guys to pull it off.

• Like 2

I'm sure Bill and Kraft have had some back room discussions about a certain retirement date. The guy is 70 this year. Kraft knows firing the GOAT HC would look foolish. Bill will probably finish out Mac Jones rookie contract(2025) and if a contender isn't built by then Bill will retire before handing the team to his son Steve. 

8 hours ago, Chargers said:

I'm sure Bill and Kraft have had some back room discussions about a certain retirement date. The guy is 70 this year. Kraft knows firing the GOAT HC would look foolish. Bill will probably finish out Mac Jones rookie contract(2025) and if a contender isn't built by then Bill will retire before handing the team to his son Steve. 

Belichick will likely retire when he passes Shula for most wins.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, lancerman said:

Belichick would need like an all time awful stretch over 4-5 seasons to get booted. 

He'd also have to piss on Myra Kraft's grave, make antisemitic comments and say Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady.

Even then it's still just consideration.

Edited by biggie.

Other than the fact that he's got 6 Super Bowl wins, 9 appearances and 13 AFC Championship game appearances in his time in New England.....

He drafted a QB who so far looks like the best of the 2021 QB class and went to the playoffs with this rookie QB. 

People need to realize that what the Brady/Belichick Patriots did isn't normal in any era, let alone a salary capped era. It’s literally the result of both the GOAT HC + QB being together for 20 years along with great ownership that stays out of the way. We will almost certainly never see anything like it again. Manage your expectations on what is actually realistic.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2