Rate my Draft Thread

EaglesPeteC

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

12 team full PPR, 1 keeper.   drafted in the 9 slot.  I kept Etienne for my 10th

Players that were kept:  Jefferson (5th) --  Higgins (4th) -- ARSB (14th) --  Waddle (6th) -- Davis (12th) -- Mike Williams (10th) --Jeudy (6th) -- Batemon (13th)  -- Conner (6th) -- Akers (10th)

QB:  Burrow (6th)
RB:  Jones (2nd), Hall (3rd), Etienne (10th), Carter (9th), R White (11th), T Davis Price (14th)
WR:  Adams (1st), Sutton (4th), Mooney (5th), E Moore (8th), J Williams (12th), Pierce (13th), Collins (FAAB after Williams went to IR)
TE:  Ertz (7th)
Def:  SF (15th)
K:  Prater (16th)

I think this team contends.  Need Burrow to have the year he is capable of producing with the weapons and improved OL. I could have grabbed Wilson to pair with Sutton for the QB-WR stack, but have Burrow rated higher. 

Wanted Javonte in the 2nd, he went 1 pick ahead of mine.  

I agree that I think Burrow is the key piece here. Receivers are nice. I mentioned this earlier in thread, not as bullish on hall as most. I've tended to fade him in most of my drafts, but I think in full PPR, Etienne should be very good. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is legitimately one of my least favorite drafts ever in this league. I don't know that I've ever had such a substantial weakness after drafting like I do with the receiver group right now. I feel like I overcompensated and took risks for top end guys at the receiver spot which leaves me in a pretty big lurch early on and hoping for the best later on. 

1. Jonathan Taylor
  2. Saquon
  3. Travis Kelce
  4. Kyler Murray
  5. Courtland Sutton
  6. Chris Godwin
  7. Allen Robinson
  8. Kirk Cousins
  9. Chase Edmonds
  10. Deandre Hopkins
  11. Rashaad Penny
  12. Matt Gay 
  13. Justin Fields
  14. 49ers D
  15. Darrell Henderson
  16. Robbie Anderson
  17. Russell Gage

By position: 

QB - Murray, Cousins, Fields

RB - JT, Saquon, Edmonds, Penny, Henderson

WR - Sutton, Godwin, ARob, Hopkins, Gage, Anderson

TE - Kelce

D - SF 

K - Gay

Just some thoughts...obviously we know how I feel about the receiver situation. This is a tragic misfire and I'll have to figure out how to fix that quickly.

Yes, I took a kicker in round 12. It was a very, very soft area for both running backs and receivers. Nobody that interested me there whatsoever, so I generally just like to feel better about my kicker. Tucker went a few picks before me, would have preferred him, but Gay should be fine. The 49ers defense was a tad early, but I think it's one of the best defenses in the league and they have a pretty easy all in or fold schedule, tbh. 4 of the first 6 weeks they should be lights out (Chicago, Seattle, Carolina, Atlanta). Fields was a dart throw. I could have skipped him there and just snagged Mac Jones at the very end, but given the options, I figure this was the right play as an upside. I won't need him until week 7; if he's a dumpster fire, he gets cut. 

You need your top 4 picks to really carry the water for the beginning part of the season.  Taylor and Saquon very well could be 2 top 8-10 RB.  Kelce is a lock top 3 TE and will give you a points advantage over many.  Kyler has a history of starting hot and then fading.  He could be a nice trade option if you think he/ Arizona will continue that trend in 2022.  Could get a WR upgrade for sure and if Fields produces, you might be able to roll with Cousins/Fields duo.  

I really like Sutton, think he meshes well with Wilson in 2022.  Robinson is a bit of a wildcard with the new team, but should see #2 target share.  Godwin returning from injury is a concern.  tough to trust players coming back in the first year after an ACL.  

I think you need to be super active on the waiver wire and pay attention to snap % and targets and see if you can land a player before they have a big scoring week.  Seems like your league might be less into IDing players a week ahead of a breakout

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You need your top 4 picks to really carry the water for the beginning part of the season.  Taylor and Saquon very well could be 2 top 8-10 RB.  Kelce is a lock top 3 TE and will give you a points advantage over many.  Kyler has a history of starting hot and then fading.  He could be a nice trade option if you think he/ Arizona will continue that trend in 2022.  Could get a WR upgrade for sure and if Fields produces, you might be able to roll with Cousins/Fields duo.  

I really like Sutton, think he meshes well with Wilson in 2022.  Robinson is a bit of a wildcard with the new team, but should see #2 target share.  Godwin returning from injury is a concern.  tough to trust players coming back in the first year after an ACL.  

I think you need to be super active on the waiver wire and pay attention to snap % and targets and see if you can land a player before they have a big scoring week.  Seems like your league might be less into IDing players a week ahead of a breakout

Yeah, I'm thinking of offering something around JT  _ for JJ and Kamara. Just to smooth out some of the rough edges. Not sure what the + would be, but I know that guy doesn't like his first two picks lol. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree that I think Burrow is the key piece here. Receivers are nice. I mentioned this earlier in thread, not as bullish on hall as most. I've tended to fade him in most of my drafts, but I think in full PPR, Etienne should be very good. 

I was hoping to go WR in round 3, but there was a bit of a run on some that I liked.... 
Pittman 3.3
AJ Brown 3.4
DJ Moore 3.7

Figured to grab another lead RB type with Hall.  Other RB available were... Jacobs, Montgomery, Dillon, Mitchell, Dobbins, CEH.    Getting Carter later in the draft allows me to use whichever is the main volume back and hope that there becomes a clear situation for the later part of the season.  

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is legitimately one of my least favorite drafts ever in this league. I don't know that I've ever had such a substantial weakness after drafting like I do with the receiver group right now. I feel like I overcompensated and took risks for top end guys at the receiver spot which leaves me in a pretty big lurch early on and hoping for the best later on. 

1. Jonathan Taylor
  2. Saquon
  3. Travis Kelce
  4. Kyler Murray
  5. Courtland Sutton
  6. Chris Godwin
  7. Allen Robinson
  8. Kirk Cousins
  9. Chase Edmonds
  10. Deandre Hopkins
  11. Rashaad Penny
  12. Matt Gay 
  13. Justin Fields
  14. 49ers D
  15. Darrell Henderson
  16. Robbie Anderson
  17. Russell Gage

By position: 

QB - Murray, Cousins, Fields

RB - JT, Saquon, Edmonds, Penny, Henderson

WR - Sutton, Godwin, ARob, Hopkins, Gage, Anderson

TE - Kelce

D - SF 

K - Gay

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'm thinking of offering something around JT  _ for JJ and Kamara. Just to smooth out some of the rough edges. Not sure what the + would be, but I know that guy doesn't like his first two picks lol. 

What is his roster?  Maybe a hopkins/Godwin type option since both are going to be a iffy the first half of the season.   Having both of them limits your options to play matchups.  JJ would be a nice get to pair with Cousins on a stack

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What is his roster?  Maybe a hopkins/Godwin type option since both are going to be a iffy the first half of the season.   Having both of them limits your options to play matchups.  JJ would be a nice get to pair with Cousins on a stack

He only has 1 QB...maybe its Fields? Fields + JT for JJ & Kamara? He has pittman, chubb, DK, CEH 

I can pick up Mac Jones on the waiver wire; he went undrafted. Baker and Goff as well. 

Just now, Forge said:

He only has 1 QB...maybe its Fields? Fields + JT for JJ & Kamara? 

I can pick up Mac Jones on the waiver wire; he went undrafted. Baker and Goff as well. 

what are the scoring settings?   How much of a difference is there in the top WR/RB and the QB in the 18+ type ranks?

Seems like in full PPR and the 4pt TD/-4pt INT, the QB scoring may not be that great and rolling with 1 stud QB might actually work OK

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

what are the scoring settings?   How much of a difference is there in the top WR/RB and the QB in the 18+ type ranks?

Seems like in full PPR and the 4pt TD/-4pt INT, the QB scoring may not be that great and rolling with 1 stud QB might actually work OK

Most of the teams that win usually have two legit starters, but lis earlier, I was one of the best teams in the league a couple of years ago rolling with Wentz as my primary. Even started Teddy b a few and drew lock a game lol. It can be done 

Fields has the rushing cheat code, but if you told me that Mac outscored him in this league this year, wouldn't be surprised. 

Right now his flex and super flex are dk and ceh. Best bench player is Antonio Gibson. I'm tempted to offer it just because fields really doesn't impact me.

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think Kyler was your biggest mistake, but I do like that team a lot.  If Barkley is healthy, he is a steal.  Kelce there is a steal.  I also think you went a little RB heavy later but can’t blame you for grabbing Edmonds and Penny when you did.  Instead of selling JT, I’d consider trading one of the others.  Overall that team is solid even if you don’t have an elite WR. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Most of the teams that win usually have two legit starters, but lis earlier, I was one of the best teams in the league a couple of years ago rolling with Wentz as my primary. Even started Teddy b a few and drew lock a game lol. It can be done 

Fields has the rushing cheat code, but if you told me that Mac outscored him in this league this year, wouldn't be surprised. 

Right now his flex and super flex are dk and ceh. Best bench player is Antonio Gibson. I'm tempted to offer it just because fields really doesn't impact me.

maybe grab Mac off the waivers sooner vs later and offer him as part of the trade package.  you can probably find a WR that is equivalent to Gage / Anderson

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Kyler was your biggest mistake, but I do like that team a lot.  If Barkley is healthy, he is a steal.  Kelce there is a steal.  I also think you went a little RB heavy later but can’t blame you for grabbing Edmonds and Penny when you did.  Instead of selling JT, I’d consider trading one of the others.  Overall that team is solid even if you don’t have an elite WR. 

Yeah, Kyler was a bit of a rough break, but I got him as qb7, so I can't be too upset. I really wanted Lamar and he went like 3 picks before mine. 

Even I drafted Edmonds and Penny the same guy got pissed at me for snaking his pick lol. I may see what he's got for one of those 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

maybe grab Mac off the waivers sooner vs later and offer him as part of the trade package.  you can probably find a WR that is equivalent to Gage / Anderson

Can't. Capped at 3 QBs rostered in the interest of competitive fairness

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Can't. Capped at 3 QBs rostered in the interest of competitive fairness

got it.  

what are the best WR on waivers?  Might take a few small trades to work your way up to a more comfortable/confident WR group.  I think Sutton has top 8-12 WR ability.  Wilson as supported to top 15-20 WR in the past, so very possible he does again.  

Maybe it is the Godwin/Robinson/Hopkins group with Godwin coming off injury and Hopkins out 6 weeks, you are looking a a thin WR 3.

How are the owners of the Cooks, Mooney, Kirk, Renfrow, E Moore, Davis looking at different positions.  Getting a more solid WR 2/3 would be the goal

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

got it.  

what are the best WR on waivers?  Might take a few small trades to work your way up to a more comfortable/confident WR group.  I think Sutton has top 8-12 WR ability.  Wilson as supported to top 15-20 WR in the past, so very possible he does again.  

Maybe it is the Godwin/Robinson/Hopkins group with Godwin coming off injury and Hopkins out 6 weeks, you are looking a a thin WR 3.

How are the owners of the Cooks, Mooney, Kirk, Renfrow, E Moore, Davis looking at different positions.  Getting a more solid WR 2/3 would be the goal

Best waivers are Nico Collins, Julio, davante Parker. 

I'm putting out feelers now to the guys who are most amenable to trades . Mike Williams and guys like that.

The guy who has kamara really wants to get rid of him, so that may distract me if I can get him at a discount 😂

5 hours ago, Forge said:

This is where I'm at too. It's like, I have definitive strategies for the first two round and a very narrow group of players I'm going to take at the front and at the turn...that middle area is murky as hell. I get drafting a guy like Henry, but I'll be damned if I actually like it. 

If it's re-draft, I actually feel a lot better about Henry.  It's just age-28 season, which has historically been the statistical-best season for A LOT of talented RB's (in spite of the drop-off after 30 rule tending to hold true).  LT, Marshawn, Tiki, Priest, Shaun Alexander, Marshall, and Westbrook all had career years in their age-28 season.

• Like 1