2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

Jack Campbell was (very) impressive in his testing numbers, and it seems to be sort of living under the radar right now — which I’m quite glad about. Speed wasn’t crazy (4.65), but he was top of the LB charts in everything else. Agility and explosion both very impressive. 

It’s a good enough workout that he’s a really legit candidate for me if he makes it to 47. He was a terrific player in college, and now the numbers support him being a good enough athlete to do the same in the pros. We’ve been looking for our legit MIKE for a long, long time. He might be the guy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s pretty good but nothing will ever beat what Montez Sweat did. At least, in my opinion. 6’6 260 and ran 4.41. Just crazy. 

Yeah, I agree, I just wish Sweat had more bend & counter moves in his pass-rush. Sweats pass-rushing style reminds me of Orakpo’s, it's basically either speed rush around the corner w/o much bend to get lower than the OT or a bull rush.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

This was nothing you said I just get frustrated when I see who they sign. It’s a joke the way they approach free agency signing guys who wouldn’t play on any other team. 

That may change with Biniemy added. I also have to add that for 15-plus years since I've been on this forum most people have wanted the team mostly built through the draft & we've mostly done that since hiring Shanahan/Allen until now. 

You can't have it both ways. They've done a pretty solid job of drafting most of the last 14 years minus a few busts & of course RG3 getting hurt. 

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Jack Campbell was (very) impressive in his testing numbers, and it seems to be sort of living under the radar right now — which I’m quite glad about. Speed wasn’t crazy (4.65), but he was top of the LB charts in everything else. Agility and explosion both very impressive. 

It’s a good enough workout that he’s a really legit candidate for me if he makes it to 47. He was a terrific player in college, and now the numbers support him being a good enough athlete to do the same in the pros. We’ve been looking for our legit MIKE for a long, long time. He might be the guy.

I love Jack Campbell, but the only way I'm picking a LB in R2 & not waiting until 3 or 4 is if we've addressed OL & CB already either in FA, R1 or both.

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

4.65 for him is actually very impressive to me. I would love for us to draft him. Even if it means moving up in round 2. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

E, come on man, you know they aren’t picking a LB. They’ll either bring Holcomb back or platoon the spot next to Davis with JAGs. They’ve had every opportunity to fix it and have continued doing the same thing. I don’t see it changing now. 

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

E, come on man, you know they aren’t picking a LB. They’ll either bring Holcomb back or platoon the spot next to Davis with JAGs. They’ve had every opportunity to fix it and have continued doing the same thing. I don’t see it changing now. 

They've met with a handful so far though? Do you mean just a high pick? 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s really weird, because they (at least arguably) invested too heavily in the LB corps back in Carolina. I don’t know if it’s a situation where they’re over-correcting, or what…

I am not super interested in most of this LB class. I would be good with Campbell in the 2nd, just because I think he profiles as a legitimate franchise MIKE from his intangibles, size, and physical tools. Otherwise, I’d like them to take a shot on one of these twitchy, undersized guys in the 5th or 6th. It’s a weird position for us, because we have Jamin (for whatever we think that’s worth) and we just don’t seem too interested in using 3 LBs much anymore. Which means we sort of need a true starting MIKE or a backup. And not that much in between.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I read on Instagram that Rivera had said in one of his interviews that Holcomb would be “taken care of.” So, it does appear that they'll re-sign him. Hopefully, that means then they'll stress the real issues with this team in the early rounds, OL & CB.