2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Yeah all season they were calling this a weak class but on tape I just don’t think I saw those like special tier players but there were a ton of really good OL prospects. And in the SB that unit played good without continuity and i thought that was impressive in its own right. I like Wright a lot he’s had some ups and downs but he ended up showing out this year I think he’s grown a lot as a player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

So we netted a 3rd rounder, from trading down last draft with the Saints in the 1st Rd. ( Still landed a stud wr in Dotson)

We netted a 3rd round compensatory pick letting Scherff walk.

The cost of renting Wentz for 1 season? Two- 3rd round picks. (22' & 23')

The trade was nowhere bad, as advertised by fans, imo. Even knowing it didn't work out.

Time to roll with Sam Howell & add talent everywhere else.

12 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

So we netted a 3rd rounder, from trading down last draft with the Saints in the 1st Rd. ( Still landed a stud wr in Dotson)

The trade was nowhere bad, as advertised by fans, imo. Even knowing it didn't work out.

It was an awful trade. It cost us the ability to improve the team in free agency and forced us to cut players we most likely needed. The Colts will be using a third round pick this year we gave them for a guy who is no longer on our roster. People can sugarcoat it but it was a horrible trade. That third we sent to the Colts could be used on a LB or OL that would help this team tremendously. Those two third round picks are cost-controlled young players that could be contributing and instead we made a trade that LITERALLY everyone knew was dumb.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It was an awful trade. It cost us the ability to improve the team in free agency and forced us to cut players we most likely needed. The Colts will be using a third round pick this year we gave them for a guy who is no longer on our roster. People can sugarcoat it but it was a horrible trade. That third we sent to the Colts could be used on a LB or OL that would help this team tremendously. Those two third round picks are cost-controlled young players that could be contributing and instead we made a trade that LITERALLY everyone knew was dumb.

Def a horrible trade!!! We could have done worse

• Like 2

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

This idea of recouping draft picks doesn’t register with me. We still lost those two 3rds, we aren’t getting those players that we could have gotten. I don’t care that we acquired a 3rd last year & a 5th etc by trading down in the first last year or that we’re getting a 3rd rnd comp for a player we should’ve traded away in 2020 or 2021 for more than a 3rd round pick.

The decisions Rivera made last year kept us stagnant for a year & IMO set us back in his building of this roster. 

We traded two 3rd for Wentz &  most thought wouldn’t be an answer for us long term. Our front office didn’t even truly believe in him bc they didn’t restructure his deal so they could cut Wentz after one year when restructuring his deal meant we could’ve kept Collins, Flowers, Ioannidis & added another FA or 2. 

Not trading Scherff in 2020 or 21 also cost us picks. We could’ve had likley a 2nd plus a 3rd or another mid round pick for trading Scherff in those 2 years. So the comp pick while nice this year, much like the year after we lost Kirk is not as good as we could’ve done if we had traded Scherff or Kirk the year after we franchised them the 2nd time. 

We lost at least 3 draft picks last off-season bc our front office made bad decisions, we didn’t gain/recoup any picks. We should have 3 more picks than we currently have, and we should’ve had our natural 3rd last year plus the 3rd from trading down in round 1 when we draft Brian Robinson.

Last year with our natural pick in round 3 we could’ve had Jelani Woods TE UVA, Christian Harris LB Alabama, Nakobe Dean LB Georgia or Nick Cross S Maryland. instead of trading for Wentz. I’d much rather have either player right now than had traded for a one year rental for Wentz.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Witherspoon didn’t participate. 

Probably wanted to do some questioning of the staff and see how he interacts with teamates even not participating these things are huge for prospects. Even if you can’t participate how you push your teamates can speak real volumes.

also they have a good saftey and RB coming out there’s more homework too do there especially for mid round value. I still hope for a spears RB selection cause I knew Achane was going to show out and do what he does. He’s going to be a star in the NFL. When Achane is a featured back with a good OL and just a somewhat good offensive system he will be that dude

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 10:10 AM, turtle28 said:

I’d love to get Deuce Vaughn. I think we can get him in the late rounds like the 5th or 6th.

@turtle28Really. You believe he could fit into Bieniemy playbook. We already have Gibson as a pass catching RB. I think he would be dynamite in the Chiefs offense. He fits in perfectly in a pass first offense. He is a decisive runner. Just don't see him in our offense but you never know. CEH is gone and Mckinnon is a free agent so Duce would be nice for the Chiefs as a matter of fact I don't see anybody stopping the Chiefs if they get Duce.

18 hours ago, 4209 said:

@turtle28Really. You believe he could fit into Bieniemy playbook. We already have Gibson as a pass catching RB. I think he would be dynamite in the Chiefs offense. He fits in perfectly in a pass first offense. He is a decisive runner. Just don't see him in our offense but you never know. CEH is gone and Mckinnon is a free agent so Duce would be nice for the Chiefs as a matter of fact I don't see anybody stopping the Chiefs if they get Duce.

Our offense is now the Chiefs offense so I'm confused by the comment.

He’d be a special teams return man for us as a young RB & we need more depth & it's a 6th round pick.

Edited by turtle28