Week 1 GDT - Green Bay @ Minnesota - 4:25 on FOX

Leader

33 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not especially excited to go to US Bankrupt stadium again but I got a free ticket to the game to see Future HOFer Doubs first game in person. 

The stupid horn must be worse when endured live.

Maybe it’s perspective. But the funky bass and Go Pack Go does not seem that annoying 

• Like 1

If our defense was giving our HOF QB trouble they should show up and dominate the Vikings. I'm hopeful this defense is going to be that good where teams are hoping to score 17. I hate watching games hoping Rodgers outscores our opponents in the 4th quarter because our defense wasn't going to stop anybody. 

Honestly, I struggle to find a weak link on this defense? I mean, who does an offense look at and say, we can exploit that person? My guess is the Vikings are going to run it until we prove we can stop it. Their offensive line isn't that good so we should be able to stop Cook.  In the passing game they are more likely to take shots at Stokes against Thielen than Jefferson against Alexander. No matter they are going to take shots to Jefferson some way. Getting pressure on Cousins makes both of those match ups favor us. No pressure on Cousins and it will be tough. 

Cleveland, Bradbury, Ingram against Clark and Reed seems like a big advantage for us. 

Edited by Old Guy

9 minutes ago, persiandud said:

so we're expecting a top 10 defense right? it's a failure if we aren't top 10 at least, with these expectations 

i'm not convinced but we'll see 

With the investments, yes, we should be a top 10 defense. Not sure how folks want to measure that, but we should be more of a running team who controls the ball which bodes well for the defense. 

Time will tell, but I expect us to be top 10. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

With the investments, yes, we should be a top 10 defense. Not sure how folks want to measure that, but we should be more of a running team who controls the ball which bodes well for the defense. 

Time will tell, but I expect us to be top 10. 

Winning the 20-17 and 24-20 games as opposed to 31-30 games. I like it!

40 minutes ago, persiandud said:

so we're expecting a top 10 defense right? it's a failure if we aren't top 10 at least, with these expectations 

i'm not convinced but we'll see 

Without looking it up, the last time we had a #1 defense it was Reggie, Santana, Gilbert, Sean Jones, Koonce, Simmons, Newsome, Evans, Robinson and Butler. I’m missing a linebacker. Will this defense be so good we’ll remember them (almost) all in twenty years?

Smith, Clark, Reed, Slaton, Gary, Campbell, Walker, Alexander, Stokes, Douglas, Amos, Savage—did I get that right? My guess is if I weren’t going to be in my 80s and the rest of you weren’t going to be migrating to the equator to avoid a post apocalyptic winter we’’d still be able to remember at least nine of these players for their defensive contributions in 2022.

Edited by Uffdaswede
Convoluted tense management

5 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Without looking it up, the last time we had a #1 defense it was Reggie, Santana, Gilbert, Sean Jones, Koonce, Simmons, Newsome, Evans, Robinson and Butler. I’m missing a linebacker. Will this defense be so good we’ll remember them (almost) all in twenty years?

Smith, Clark, Reed, Slaton, Gary, Campbell, Walker, Alexander, Stokes, Douglas, Amos, Savage—did I get that right? My guess is if I weren’t going to be in my 80s and the rest of you weren’t going to be migrating to the equator to avoid a post apocalyptic winter we’ll still remember at least nine of these players for their defensive contributions in 2022.

Brian Williams

7 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

He must have been a quiet take on blocks dirty work guy. As well as I remember the other players my memory of him is really dim. Simmons and Koonce were beastly tho.

He was a 3rd round draft pick out of USC and was an athletic stud. He was turning into a star and tore his knee and was never the same. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, Tperk said:

I remember reading about that game in a "Weird but True" type football book back in elementary school. Also talked about the dude that played at Army and wouldn't ever join the huddle and another player that jumped onto the field in a college game and tackled the opposing RB because he was sick of watching the other team 

I remember that book, it was great.

Edited by NFLGURU

24 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Smith, Clark, Reed, Slaton, Gary, Campbell, Walker, Alexander, Stokes, Douglas, Amos, Savage—did I get that right? My guess is if I weren’t going to be in my 80s and the rest of you weren’t going to be migrating to the equator to avoid a post apocalyptic winter we’’d still be able to remember at least nine of these players for their defensive contributions in 2022.

We have stud(s) at every level. Best chance of that since 2010.

• Like 1