The Move to Arlington Heights - Official Thread

beardown3231

15 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Tailgate central. What're you grilling for us?

I’m not guy you want grilling.  LOL.  I am not great at it.  I start reading a book or twitter and nothing gets cooked right.

Plus, honestly, I probably still won’t go to games often.  They are expensive and I am cheap.

I just want stadium close because all benefits it brings.  Like increased business and property values.  

Plus local businesses will buy tickets to give away for clients, and I will likely be beneficiary of some of those.  

On Sunday I usually do breakfast then Church, do something else, then about 5 I turn on gamepass and watch Bears and like two other games before bed.

After I watch Bears I come on here to read other peoples real time takes during game and then rant about my own takes to my audience of 3 or 4. 

But if you guys are in area and want to do a tailgate I am up for it.

On 6/28/2023 at 2:01 PM, dll2000 said:

It’s weird this got very little to no play on twitter that I saw.  I think Tribune did an article on it, but i couldn’t see it because it was behind a paywall. 

I had no idea they settled the tax issue while property is vacant and it happened a month ago (according to article). 

They need to get deal done for future and start digging.  

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

The disclaimer feels odd... That feels like a big old nothing burger of a statement

They have to keep taking with the City, because even if they are completely locked in to moving, they have to use Soldier Field till its ready

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

The disclaimer feels odd... That feels like a big old nothing burger of a statement

They have to keep taking with the City, because even if they are completely locked in to moving, they have to use Soldier Field till its ready

"The politics of failure have failed!"

"We must move forward not backward, upward not forward.  Always twirling, twirling, twirling toward freedom!"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m sure they’d love to stay in the city. But, there isn’t a legitimate option available to them in the city where they can both build what they want and have full ownership over it. The whole point of the new stadium from the teams’ side is to own it themselves and accrue all the revenue it generates for themselves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I think the team would love to stay in the city, and that’s always been the case. I just don’t think the city can match what some suburb (AH or otherwise) can offer in terms of their ownership of the site like the one in AH to allow nearly the profits for the business that is the team. At the end of the day, when we’re talking about tens of millions of dollars a year into perpetuity, that’s almost always going to tip the scales. Beyond that, even if the city did have 200+ acres to offer the team for purchase (pretty sure they don’t), the cost of that real estate within the city limits would almost certainly be significantly (prohibitively?) higher than that price they’d pay elsewhere.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think the team would love to stay in the city, and that’s always been the case. I just don’t think the city can match what some suburb (AH or otherwise) can offer in terms of their ownership of the site like the one in AH to allow nearly the profits for the business that is the team. At the end of the day, when we’re talking about tens of millions of dollars a year into perpetuity, that’s almost always going to tip the scales. Beyond that, even if the city did have 200+ acres to offer the team for purchase (pretty sure they don’t), the cost of that real estate within the city limits would almost certainly be significantly (prohibitively?) higher than that price they’d pay elsewhere.  

My issue with his post is he talks about taxes again but from what I gather that issue was resolved?

https://patch.com/illinois/arlingtonheights/property-tax-agreement-reached-arlington-park-board-review

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What the heck is going on with Arlington Heights?

Why is Warren under no pressure to move or conversely not applying any pressure?  I thought taking charge of new stadium was main reason he was hired.  

Is this something one side or other doesn't want to do any more? 

Is it just a hold out on a comprehensive property tax deal going forward along with how much free money they are going to get from public to build (they are asking for half - for entertainment side so they can say they are 100% funding stadium)?   <- these seems most likely to me. 

But how long are you going to wait?  I want to see shovels in dirt.  

Curious.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 9:34 AM, dll2000 said:

What the heck is going on with Arlington Heights?

Why is Warren under no pressure to move or conversely not applying any pressure?  I thought taking charge of new stadium was main reason he was hired.  

Is this something one side or other doesn't want to do any more? 

Is it just a hold out on a comprehensive property tax deal going forward along with how much free money they are going to get from public to build (they are asking for half - for entertainment side so they can say they are 100% funding stadium)?   <- these seems most likely to me. 

But how long are you going to wait?  I want to see shovels in dirt.  

Curious.  

I was just thinking about this today actually. i think part of it is that we can't get out of the soldier field lease until late in this decade, so there is no rush to get this done and lose their leverage for a new city location (AH still makes the most sense) 

• 2 weeks later...