RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Why bring him back if they were 100% sold on Lance?

They weren’t going to. Jimmy is the one who asked and literally took a whopping 75% paycut to stay. And if you’re the 49ers, if Lance gets injured Week 16, you still have a shot at the Super Bowl with Jimmy and your Super Bowl Roster. It’s a no brainer imo.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They weren’t going to. Jimmy is the one who asked and literally took a whopping 75% paycut to stay. And if you’re the 49ers, if Lance gets injured Week 16, you still have a shot at the Super Bowl with Jimmy and your Super Bowl Roster. It’s a no brainer imo.

And if Lance struggles you have a QB that has shown he can take you to the Super Bowl on the roster.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

And if Lance struggles you have a QB that has shown he can take you to the Super Bowl on the roster.

Lol Jimmy didn’t take anyone anywhere. He is always terrible in the playoffs and average in the regular season. The 49ers win in spite of him. Not because of him. Yes, he’s better than backup QB’s, but he’s no one worth benching your starter over. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

Lol Jimmy didn’t take anyone anywhere. He is always terrible in the playoffs and average in the regular season. The 49ers win in spite of him. Yes, he’s better than backup QB’s, but he’s no one worth benching your starter over. 

So for example, if the 49ers start 1-3 and Lance is struggling, you don't think there's a possibility that they decide to start Jimmy?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So for example, if the 49ers start 1-3 and Lance is struggling, you don't think there's a possibility that they decide to start Jimmy?

Maybe 2-6 Midseason and Lance looks like the worst thing on earth. If Lance fails, they are on the hot seat the following season. Another reason a Lance bench is unlikely. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ouch… I stayed far away from Stafford this year. He had 40+ TD’s last year and still only finished as QB5. TD regression was definitely coming… which means his ceiling going into this year was more like QB10. With a floor of around QB17. 

Stafford last year was being drafted at his floor. This year he was being drafted at his ceiling. Don’t draft QB’s at their ceiling. 

This year I loaded up on Trey Lance, Russell Wilson, and a small share of Kirk Cousins (mostly because I think Jefferson is WR1 this season, so Cousins has to do well by default). 

Trey Lance is basically a lock as a Top 12 Fantasy QB. QB12 is his floor with his rushing, and he’s being drafted at his floor. Jalen Hurts finished as QB6 last year with virtually no passing upside what so ever. If Lance does well in the passing game, his ceiling is literally as high as #2 behind Josh Allen (Allen is a fantasy cheatcode and auto-lock for #1 fantasy QB). Lance has a great WR in Samuel, breakout candidate WR in Aiyuk, and Top 5 TE in Kittle. And good OL and great offensive coach. 

haha yea i took him pretty late, and also have trey lance, so not too worried. Just thought week 1 would be a shoot out for rams, and maybe lance struggles to start, but oh well lol

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The Bengals went on an incredible run at the right time and got lucky when they needed to be. 

I actually expect a pretty big step backwards from them this year as a whole, so we'll likely see just how talented Burrow is. 

I feel similar to how I felt about Jacksonville a few years back when they had that hot run to the AFCCG. Kudos for the unexpected run and nearly taking it to the house, but I really think their issues keep the from maintaining the momentum. 

Point being, Burrow has gotten a pass so far because of the luck and hype from getting where they got. I don't think he'll have as much leash going forward though. 

I think the Bengals got lucky but not Burrow.  That kid had a phenomenal year playing behind a line that was worse than ours.  Did he play above his talent?  Maybe but I would not call what he did luck.  The team got lucky in the playoffs maybe but what Burrow did in the regular season was not luck.

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I think the Bengals got lucky but not Burrow.  That kid had a phenomenal year playing behind a line that was worse than ours.  Did he play above his talent?  Maybe but I would not call what he did luck.  The team got lucky in the playoffs maybe but what Burrow did in the regular season was not luck.

I love rooting on Burrow and that offense but yes… massive luck last year in the playoffs. The amount of calls they were gifted against both the Raiders and Titans was absolutely flabbergasting. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I just want to say if we lose this game it will be very telling. I don't care what excuse anybody tries to make. I completely expect to win this game

Why would you be expecting to win no matter what? We are likely splitting with the Chargers this season. Why would it matter in which order we split?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I just want to say if we lose this game it will be very telling. I don't care what excuse anybody tries to make. I completely expect to win this game

How so? The Chargers are a talented team with a potential MVP candidate at QB. They went heavy in FA to shore up holes in their defense. They are favored in this game. 

Someone is going to have to sell me on the Raiders Oline holding up, before I get behind the hype of the offense. I can see Bosa and Mack coming in fresh and throwing everything off. The Oline is to suspect for me to buy into this team being anything more than average. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

The Oline is to suspect for me to buy into this team being anything more than average. 

I’m imagining McDaniels is preparing to scheme around this. He’s already the short-field master, and I think we will see a ton of 1-2 second throws this season. 

We will hopefully draft an RT in the first or second round next year. And add another guard as well. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I predicted us lose. I think that's the more logical option. Chargers can be just as good as any team in the stacked AFC. Other than their coach, they don't have many holes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I predicted us lose. I think that's the more logical option. Chargers can be just as good as any team in the stacked AFC. Other than their coach, they don't have many holes. 

My thoughts are it’s on the road, and while we always assume that’s a home Raider game, it was mostly Charger fans last season. We also got our brakes beat off in L.A. I also feel like Mack and Bosa always start the season really well before falling off later, especially Mack. This is also a new team that will work out some errors in the first week. 

Chargers win by a FG, but we beat them in Vegas, and go 11-6 on the season. 

There is nothing wrong or concerning what so ever starting the season 0-1. Unless we get obliterated by three scores, then I will be super worried 100%. Or if we start 0-2, then this team likely sucks. The playoff rate for 0-2 teams is laughable. One every 4-5 years usually.