2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

What wait wait wait… you mean to tell me, that his Family and Friends came running to defend him? (GASP) Would have never seen that coming.

Im not dogging him for opting out, his NFL future is very important. But he is getting paid now, so that does change it a bit from guys like Chase. 

Either he is opting out to protect draft status, because he wouldn’t be showing out at 100% (which is completely dishonest for his family to pretend it isn’t important) and also thinks declaring that he is opting out looks bad/would force him to give Mo eh back OR his injury is SO severe that it knocked him out for half the year, but somehow doesn’t need surgery and should be a massive medical red flag.

Im just telling you I’ve heard people in both scouting and in college football say they have heard from inside the OSU program that he opted out. Which is what McShay is reporting. It’s not just some opinion Todd put out there, I’ve heard it for over a month now, and him opting out of the Playoff was just more proof to them all

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If he didn’t (and I’ve heard from a lot of people that he did) then he should be medically off of every teams draft board

He’s definitely gonna get the full gamut of tests and then some at the combine, and interested teams will definitely be talking to the OSU med staff too.

If it was a fabricated injury to try to save him any stigma from having opted out of this entire year it’ll be fascinating to see how that impacts his draft grade. I personally think the injury was a real one that was worse than he wanted to believe and he kept coming back too soon and reinjuring it. Pure speculation on my part, though it does line up with him opting to sit out the playoff. Most guys don’t opt out of the bowl games if they’re in the playoff.

9 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Why?

Saying off the board is me being hyperbolic. But if he is still lingering from a injury that started 4 months ago, and can’t be healthy enough to help his team out over two months after it flared up again, either something is really wrong, and probably needed surgery OR there’s something else going on

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s definitely gonna get the full gamut of tests and then some at the combine, and interested teams will definitely be talking to the OSU med staff too.

If it was a fabricated injury to try to save him any stigma from having opted out of this entire year it’ll be fascinating to see how that impacts his draft grade. I personally think the injury was a real one that was worse than he wanted to believe and he kept coming back too soon and reinjuring it. Pure speculation on my part, though it does line up with him opting to sit out the playoff. Most guys don’t opt out of the bowl games if they’re in the playoff.

I am not suggesting he faked an injury. I do believe he got injured, but when he came back and did not look the same, I believe from what I heard, that they closed ranks and said we are shutting it down this year. Because they would rather take the absence of film than putting out “bad film” while playing through an injury

There is absolutely no shame in that, plenty of guys have done that before. But it’s the lying about it that makes me laugh.

This is where NIL becomes a double edged sword. Shutting it down means you technically aren’t part of the team anymore, and you are only getting paid because you are part of that college team. So he may have to give it back if he outright says “I'm opting out”. And they thought that they were clear of all of this, until OSU snuck into the playoffs. Because no one would care if he missed the Taxslayer Bowl

Because again, if it was any sort of “normal” injury, you would be rehabbing to try and get back to help the team trying to win a National Title (just look at Alabama) not declare a month before the game that you’re unavailable.

That leaves one of two options, either the injury is FAR more severe than anyone wants to admit to because that could impact his draft stock OR he already opted out and doesn’t want to admit that for multiple reasons which also makes him look bad. The latter would impact his draft stock far less, but does impact the perception of him. And he doesn’t like that either 

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am not suggesting he faked an injury. I do believe he got injured, but when he came back and did not look the same, I believe from what I heard, that they closed ranks and said we are shutting it down this year. Because they would rather take the absence of film than putting out “bad film” while playing through an injury

There is absolutely no shame in that, plenty of guys have done that before. But it’s the lying about it that makes me laugh.

This is where NIL becomes a double edged sword. Shutting it down means you technically aren’t part of the team anymore, and you are only getting paid because you are part of that college team. So he may have to give it back if he outright says “I'm opting out”. And they thought that they were clear of all of this, until OSU snuck into the playoffs. Because no one would care if he missed the Taxslayer Bowl

Because again, if it was any sort of “normal” injury, you would be rehabbing to try and get back to help the team trying to win a National Title (just look at Alabama) not declare a month before the game that you’re unavailable.

That leaves one of two options, either the injury is FAR more severe than anyone wants to admit to because that could impact his draft stock OR he already opted out and doesn’t want to admit that for multiple reasons which also makes him look bad. The latter would impact his draft stock far less, but does impact the perception of him. And he doesn’t like that either 

NFL money > NIL money. 

Lie or not it's a business decision not to risk reaggregating an injury and not being able to prepare properly for the biggest interview of his life. We see NFL players with hamstring injuries that flair up when not properly rested all the time. They will do medicals at the combine. Getting healthy and having a great pro-day is and should be his priority. If he gets drafted in the 1st and goes on to have a good year none of this will be remembered. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

If he didn’t (and I’ve heard from a lot of people that he did) then he should be medically off of every teams draft board

Well one of my best friends has been inside that program for 3 years and I'm telling you he never opted out. He didn't play originally and then tried to play and was given the go aheD against Toledo and that made his hamstring issue even worse. Same **** happened to Treyveon Henderson and his foot problem

And no, it was a relatively severe hamstring strain (tear) and now it's almost fully healed. He shouldn't and won't be off of everyone's board

Edited by beardown3231

41 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

NFL money > NIL money. 

Lie or not it's a business decision not to risk reaggregating an injury and not being able to prepare properly for the biggest interview of his life. We see NFL players with hamstring injuries that flair up when not properly rested all the time. They will do medicals at the combine. Getting healthy and having a great pro-day is and should be his priority. If he gets drafted in the 1st and goes on to have a good year none of this will be remembered. 

I never said I had a problem with it. It’s the correct business decision, but that also tells you where the prospect’s head is at.

Its the lying about it, and the Scarlet & Grey riders who will now shout from the rooftops that “you don’t know the story” that are humorous to me 

14 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Well one of my best friends has been inside that program for 3 years and I'm telling you he never opted out. He didn't play originally and then tried to play and was given the go aheD against Toledo and that made his hamstring issue even worse. Same **** happened to Treyveon Henderson and his foot problem

That’s cool and all, but what I am telling you, from the handful of people I know if the scouting community, which spans a few teams at this point, have all been told exactly what McShay was reporting, and have been told it by someone IN the Ohio St program. 

I'm sure no one has the full truth, but it sounds like his dad shut him down as soon as he didn’t look good when he tried to come back. And now that those things are leaking out, his circle is lashing out about it.

Again, it isn’t that big of a deal when it comes to his skill-set, but it definitely gives me pause on what is important to him. And who is in his ear.

There is a reason no one has ever come out and said it’s an injury that wouldn’t allow him to play. It’s about how his “recovery” is going. 

Okay.  I did one game of Anderson.   Saw some more of him on someone else's video and he is good.   But I wasn't super impressed with him after one game.

I need to see him more - but things I like about Anderson:

1)  He wins off LOS most of time.

2) He is really good with his hands.

3) I don't think his size is an issue for edge.  Seems really strong. Holds LOS well. 

4) Is really quick for 5 yards.  

Things I don't like:

1) Seems to lack top end speed.

2) Doesn't finish tackles.

3) Lacks elite bend to QB.  Will finish behind the QB a lot of QB has any room to step up.

4) Loafs a lot

Now for Carter ...   

• Like 1