2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

14 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we trade down to the 6-8 range and we’ve already addressed the lines in FA somewhat I could be convinced that taking Johnston there is the move. He has obvious WR1 potential. 

Trading down could also net us a first next year as well, which could give us the ammo to get Harrison.

Johnston/Mooney/HARRISON is a WR room that could be scary..... and you can also decide on keeping Claypool around with that as well if the money is right and his production takes a gigantic leap.

Regarding Anderson/Carter not really showing up in their games (apparently, I didn't watch much of either game)....

Definitely concerning, but I'm also kind of happy they even played. I'm annoyed with how many are sitting out their games (I do get it, but still it's annoying)

That said, I've been on the trading down train for a while now.... The Texas Tech Edge intrigues me as a potential trade down target.... and thought I DESPISE the way he body catches, and seemingly has poor out of bounds awareness on his contested catches, Johnston can't really be ignored as a potential WR..... The old Bill Parcels "planet" theory (only so many dudes that size/speed on the planet) TCU being in the college playofffs also lets us see him against non big 12 teams as well, and he showed up fine yesterday.

Finally, regarding TCU as well, their running back is another dude I'd be interested in picking up, depending on where he falls. Well rounded skill set and he could end up being a pretty strong value draft.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Definitely concerning, but I'm also kind of happy they even played. I'm annoyed with how many are sitting out their games (I do get it, but still it's annoying)

I don’t fault them. I’d rather they play but after Jaylon Smith, Jameson Williams and others went down and impacted their nfl future and potential money, I don’t fault them. If NIL can add bowl conditional bonuses it might change some minds. 

• Like 1

If we end up having our pick of the best non QB in this draft then I'm all for Will Anderson. He has elite traits and the pedigree to back it up. 

Jalen Carter has some question marks and I don't think he's the better talent over Anderson. Plus I think we'll be able to address DT more easily in free agency vs DE.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Epyon said:

The old Bill Parcels "planet" theory (only so many dudes that size/speed on the planet) TCU being in the college playofffs also lets us see him against non big 12 teams as well, and he showed up fine yesterday.

We saw a little bit of everything from Johnston in that game. Contested catches, RAC, straight line speed, good route variety, vertical threat. Agree that it was nice to see him do that against a non-Big 12 opponent. UGA will be another step up in competition. 

I know USC's defence sucks but Tyjae Spears has been really impressive today...I had him as my #7 RB given he has receiving skills to match his running but what has surprised me today is just how physical he has been given he is under 200lbs...he will be moving up some boards after today.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Talented but I am not sure where you take the risk on him given how soft he played when he though he was going to be a 1st round pick and now this...4th maybe?

Ehhh the rumors of why aren’t really all that bad (consenting adults and all)

It will hit him in public opinion, but it remains to be seen how much it will actually impact draft status. Some I’m sure (look at Pickens) but this seems way less of something that coaches would really worry about. All that said. If more damaging info is out there about the incident, this would all change

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ehhh the rumors of why aren’t really all that bad (consenting adults and all)

It will hit him in public opinion, but it remains to be seen how much it will actually impact draft status. Some I’m sure (look at Pickens) but this seems way less of something that coaches would really worry about. All that said. If more damaging info is out there about the incident, this would all change

For me it's more the fall off on the field combined with things like this.

Jalen Carter has some question marks and I don't think he's the better talent over Anderson. Plus I think we'll be able to address DT more easily in free agency vs DE. By Topwop1.

IMO Carter as a prospect has more value than Anderson. But you are correct that FA has many more and higher rated DTs than DE. And free agency will drive our rebuild.

• Like 1

I don't have cable and don't watch college football, but I can tell from twitter people are falling in love and/or dropping prospects off latest games.  

That is a big mistake.   You have to look at a full body of work.

A lot of Bears sucked last week, doesn't mean all those guys suck at least not to that degree.  Though it feels like it.  Sometimes a team just doesn't come to play and the other does.  

You have to consider playing through injuries, coming off an injury and competition as well.   

A great example was Solomon Thomas looking really good in his bowl game and against lesser competition and not doing nearly as well in pros being a bit undersized.

Another was Michael Haynes who really impressed in senior bowl practices and game and became Bears first round pick.   But his greater tape wasn't that great.  

• Like 2