2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

How low would Boutte have to fall for you to be willing to take a chance on him given the importance of our WR adds this season? Remember before the season many if not most would’ve been fine taking him in the top 15. He has talent. A lot of it. I don’t think there’s any question about that. BUT, there have been hundreds of super talented players who flamed out quickly in the league for a whole host of reasons.

For me I’m not sure we know enough yet to answer that question (which is fine - draft isn’t for almost 4 months). Why did the effort seemingly drop significantly this year? Was he playing through an injury all season? Was he playing to not get hurt? Is there any truth to the “asked to leave LSU” rumor and, if so, why? 

Allegedly he and some other players & LSU staff went out the night before their bowl game and had an.. umm.. how to say it nicely.. orgy?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Allegedly he and some other players & LSU staff went out the night before their bowl game and had an.. umm.. how to say it nicely.. orgy?

Interesting. Hadn’t heard that. Is it inappropriate though? Maybe? The article I saw said other players and “members of the recruiting department” which may be no more than the pretty girls they have around incoming potential signees. I wouldn’t think that incident specifically would really impact his draft stock. Isn’t “being into sex” an assumed when it comes to, well, really most men in all fields? Might impact him on maturity for some teams because of the alleged timing but that’s probably it. Lots of pro athletes are known for enjoying the night life, in many forms. 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

How low would Boutte have to fall for you to be willing to take a chance on him given the importance of our WR adds this season? Remember before the season many if not most would’ve been fine taking him in the top 15. He has talent. A lot of it. I don’t think there’s any question about that. BUT, there have been hundreds of super talented players who flamed out quickly in the league for a whole host of reasons.

For me I’m not sure we know enough yet to answer that question (which is fine - draft isn’t for almost 4 months). Why did the effort seemingly drop significantly this year? Was he playing through an injury all season? Was he playing to not get hurt? Is there any truth to the “asked to leave LSU” rumor and, if so, why? 

Yeah I think a lot of questions are going to have to be answered fully before a grade is put on him…right now I would be at a 4th because as you said he has some talent but there is a lot of risk attached.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Interesting. Hadn’t heard that. Is it inappropriate though? Maybe? The article I saw said other players and “members of the recruiting department” which may be no more than the pretty girls they have around incoming potential signees. I wouldn’t think that incident specifically would really impact his draft stock. Isn’t “being into sex” an assumed when it comes to, well, really most men in all fields? Might impact him on maturity for some teams because of the alleged timing but that’s probably it. Lots of pro athletes are known for enjoying the night life, in many forms. 

The instance itself shouldnt be a concern in the draft process. It is for LSU due to the involvement of coaches, staffers and a player, they had to ask Boutte to leave so they could sweep everything under the rug.

But Boutte has now a bit of a track record of questionable behavior, which is what will need to be investigated by everyone. But its shocking that some of you think he didnt preform, the guy hasnt had a legitimate QB his entire college career

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

i still take him in the 2nd 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

i still take him in the 2nd 

I was gonna say 3rd but our 2nd and 3rd rounders are so close together it doesn't really matter. I'm willing to take some risk to get a gamechanging talent. I'm not as high on him as I was on Pickens or even Pierce but I definitely think he has talent and can develop into a 1 in time. 

• Like 1

There's a number of guys for Edge I like in this draft tbh... So it's not the end of the world if Verse isn't in the mix.

Anderson-Bama (obviously)

Tyree Wilson-Texas Tech

Bralen Trice-Washington

Lucas Van Ness-Iowa

And if he falls a bit later:

Zach Harrison-Ohio State (I expect him to  test off the charts, but he's a  big underachiever so a determination has to be made whether he can actually develop or not, which largely comes down to personality)

There's also Myles Murphy, but I actually haven't really looked into him a ton since I typically go with either Will Anderson if we don't trade down, or Tyree Wilson if we do.

Can’t believe just how big a let down this National Championship game has been after how good the semi-finals were…can only hope the NFL playoffs are more competitive…not even much point scouting the TCU guys here…completely overmatched & outgunned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Can’t believe just how big a let down this National Championship game has been after how good the semi-finals were…can only hope the NFL playoffs are more competitive…not even much point scouting the TCU guys here…completely overmatched & outgunned.

I got interested in other stuff but heard Ringo get called out. Was he lined up on QJ? Or did they rotate coverage on him?